What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I ran into the back of an SUV didn't move at all, lol. Granted at low speed.

Getting extremely frustrated with my headlights. If anyone has experience with wiring on the headlights, and/or with halo assemblies on these trucks please give me a few minutes of your time to read over the problem I'm having and give me any suggestions. Thanks
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=48131

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck passed it's e-test with flying colors!! I dont think there computer even realized it was reading a 5.7 hemi and not a 5.9 magnum lol. I was very happy to hear that it passed.

That was always one of my biggest fears about the hemi swap. Guess thats one less thing to worry about now! :D

Edit: Also got my old 16's back on the front for so its driveable with rubbing my front fenders. My grandpa is going to load it onto his trailer tomorrow to drop it off so it can get its new tailpipes on thursday.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
So i mentioned yesterday that i found the fuel line from the pump to the braided line that runs to the rail was rotted badly. To the point that i have no idea how it didn't burst. I couldnt find it anywhere so i called the dealer. They were able to give me a part number so i searched ebay. $61 for a brand new steel OEM mopar line to my door! That made my day.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Rinsed all the mowing dust and most of the bird crap off it. Getting to go out with the girlfriend after her concert tonight, so it has to look spiffy. :)

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My truck passed it's e-test with flying colors!! I dont think there computer even realized it was reading a 5.7 hemi and not a 5.9 magnum lol. I was very happy to hear that it passed.

That was always one of my biggest fears about the hemi swap. Guess thats one less thing to worry about now! :D

Edit: Also got my old 16's back on the front for so its driveable with rubbing my front fenders. My grandpa is going to load it onto his trailer tomorrow to drop it off so it can get its new tailpipes on thursday.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Glad to hear! Good news for anyone else in Ontario wanting to do a swap like :D

So i mentioned yesterday that i found the fuel line from the pump to the braided line that runs to the rail was rotted badly. To the point that i have no idea how it didn't burst. I couldnt find it anywhere so i called the dealer. They were able to give me a part number so i searched ebay. $61 for a brand new steel OEM mopar line to my door! That made my day.

Hey cant go wrong there!

Rinsed all the mowing dust and most of the bird crap off it. Getting to go out with the girlfriend after her concert tonight, so it has to look spiffy. :)

More birds comin your way! :party36:

edit: As per daily, I drove mine to work and back. Waiting for it to stop raining so much so I can go inspect my front end and see what needs replacing for real. I am definitely going to be replacing the driver side u-joint in the next little bit. Hopefully I can make my order bigger from rock auto so Im not shipping just one u-joint..

Last edited:

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Oh forgot to mention I replaced the fuel pump yesterday. So I can finally drive it again! :rockit:

I feel your pain DD94, the lovebugs are out and trashing everyone's vehicles. You practically have to drive with the wipers on its so bad.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Awesome to hear the truck is running again!

Don't have love bugs here. Just dusty at the moment. lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, the drive home was....eventful. lol

Did two 95mph passes on a two lane. One I kinda screwed up because I was passing two vehicles and the truck that was in front of the car had sped up by the time I was coming up on him.....THEN a car showed up right on front of me. That was interesting, but i had it under control. :D First pass I did was 3 cars plus a trailer. Truck apparently doesn't mind running at 95+ mph. :uhoh2: no float or nothin.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
just usual driving to school and stuff, sunday after guard drill stoppin at a nearby junkyard and pickin up a dakota or durango air hat so I can build the black mamba :pepper: (I know it doesn't do anything but it looks cool and sounds cool lol) also gotta get around to takin some pics and doin a write up on my new interior lights :big_banana_Dance:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Yah know, if you build a scoop to bring in air from the grille into the intake it'll work properly.

(hint hint, I'm wanting to do the same thing)

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
eh, lotta rain and puddle smashing fun here and i go through the auto wash which sprays the grille directly with high pressure lol, i don't wanna risk suckin a bunch of water through the grille and in through the filter

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Put gas in it, 12.69mpg. Not bad for doing a couple runs to 95+ last night. :naughty:

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
loaded

Got a ton of firewood for a fat bonfire im throwing soon, and also found this by my bosses house but didnt hit it, it gets réal muddy at one part and im sure my truck would slay but idk if I wanna

Attachments

• IMAG1388.jpg
    IMAG1388.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG1389.jpg
    IMAG1389.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG1391.jpg
    IMAG1391.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got a ton of firewood for a fat bonfire im throwing soon, and also found this by my bosses house but didnt hit it, it gets réal muddy at one part and im sure my truck would slay but idk if I wanna

Before you do, consider your last thread ;)

Love that rack in the box! Looks awesome!

RamRod666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I started debadging the truck. I am having trouble getting the adhesive off but will try with more goo be gone and a plastic putty knife tomorrow. Stop me if I am making a huge mistake.

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Goo gone works good bro, i debadged my teuck already :) and exactly lol i said id only open Mud, no trails ir gnarly stuff but I dont wanna risk anything. And thanks, i need to finish my camo already lol

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Replaced my rotted fuel feed line. No idea how it wasn't leaking. It snapped into 3 pieces while removing it.

Attachments

• Fuel line.jpg
    Fuel line.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy