What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
I'm looking for either. Something to bolt to the manifolds and merge into one. Don't care if it includes a cat.
You're knowledgeable about the exhaust on our trucks. Should I look for one designed for 00+ or are the older ones fine?

I have the Jegs Y pipe. little spendy but it looks awesome. plus easiest way to delete the cat, and get better flow from the better bends

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have the Jegs Y pipe. little spendy but it looks awesome. plus easiest way to delete the cat, and get better flow from the better bends
Yeah I'm thinking about getting it. I'll have to cut into it to add a rest pipe that looks like a cat so I can pass "emissions". Since they look for a cat and check engine light. No check on the actual emissions lol. And I showed my guy that does my emissions the test pipe, all he said was "it looks like a cat to me" lmao
Anyways, how long have you had the y pipe? Any leaks or fitment issues?

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Yeah I'm thinking about getting it. I'll have to cut into it to add a rest pipe that looks like a cat so I can pass "emissions". Since they look for a cat and check engine light. No check on the actual emissions lol. And I showed my guy that does my emissions the test pipe, all he said was "it looks like a cat to me" lmao
Anyways, how long have you had the y pipe? Any leaks or fitment issues?

its literally been bolted up for less than 24 hours lol. Wont be driving the truck for a couple more months so i couldnt tell ya. seems like great quality and fitment so far so i think itll be all good

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Just ordered an interior light kit that changes color to music and all that good ****

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
its literally been bolted up for less than 24 hours lol. Wont be driving the truck for a couple more months so i couldnt tell ya. seems like great quality and fitment so far so i think itll be all good
I'm worried because I said the same about my flowmaster y pipe cat kit. Lasted a year and a half before a weld broke.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I would say my stocker is good, but I've had my cat cut out and replaced.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
2nd gen workout

I'm new to the forum so i'll give a bit of backstory for my truck.

He is a California emissions truck, so it has the full fledged emissions system, complete with horrible gas mileage and evap leaks. After its shameful days in Cali it got sent down to Florida where it was used as a yard pusher at an RV World type trailer dealer. This truck was worked hard and subjected to numerous subpar diy fixes. three years ago now I picked up a tired old truck in Michigan, over the past three years i've got this now 16 year old truck back to factory engine wise and heavily upgraded suspension and radio wise (I'm a 2 meter radio operator), next i've just got to get him tuned and it will be perfect.

just a brief overview of some of the stupid 'fixes' to the truck when i picked it up. The gear shift lever had the OD button and stock grip replaced with a fake carbon fiber knob that was just hanging on, anytime I took a turn or put it into 1st it would fall off. The rear suspension was beat down so bad it looked like it was resting on the axle stops. The cat was drilled out and made the worst noise imaginable as well as having the crappiest aftermarket dual exhaust that was so rusted the tips were dragging on the ground, both O2 sensors were replaced with dummies. This truck hated the walmart battery that was in it along with the crappy patch job that was the jumper cables from the alternator positive to the battery. The stereo was hooked up straight to the 12v always on line completely ignoring the ignition switch. And much more that is too stupid to believe.

Now that that is all fixed its a great truck with lots of power comparatively, despite having the dreaded death flash.

On to what i've done with my truck today. This morning i hooked up to a flatbed car hauler and ripped it free from its grave of ice and snow, let me tell you straps are a lifesaver, without them i'd have a giant dent in my tailgate. After getting the trailer sent on its way i had the privilege of towing my buddies 99 f150 from midland to lansing. Followed by taking a trailer loaded down with aprox 10,000lbs of steel to the scrap yard.

Now i'm at work putting engine hours comparable to an 80s patrol car on my truck.

Overall its a good day.

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Haven't been busy, just haven't thought about checking in for.. Like 2 months.. Lol what's new guys?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk