What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
thanks but the second one will probably be a blue lacy. There's a couple rescues here in Texas for them and I gotta finish college first lmao

Huh. Never heard of them

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Here's my new Undercover Elite LX color-matched tonneau, ordered from and installed by Rack & Road. I've had an Undercover before (on my Frontier) and I love how the one-piece is absolutely water-tight. Very important in the Seattle area!

View attachment 128555

That’s a nice box you have there!

I have the undercover Lux and like it. It’s annoying I can’t access my tailgate when closed but the safety factor when having stuff in back is better. Although I’m sure it’s not hard to bend those arms but it’s enough of a deterrent I suppose

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my new Undercover Elite LX color-matched tonneau, ordered from and installed by Rack & Road. I've had an Undercover before (on my Frontier) and I love how the one-piece is absolutely water-tight. Very important in the Seattle area!

View attachment 128555
How is the the removal process?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How is the the removal process?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not sure about his but it’s literally remove the two shocks and they hook up to two hooks. Loosen the hand screws and done. Slide it off. 5 min max. And they weight nothing. Beauty of ABS instead of fibreglass. My tiny wife even said it wasn’t bad to carry

Like I mentioned though It’s a pain when you just want tailgate. But for the security and looks i sacrifice some stuff. The folding hard ones are more practical and offer security, however, nothing looks better than a sleek solid piece tonneau cover. The rubber in between panels on the folding ones look cheap to me.

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

TXFireMedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put red LED into the interior. About to head to the upholstery shop to get the center console lid redone in leather. Cant stand the way this lid feels. Also have one of my Mevotech UCA being delivered today, the other is on a national back order. So no telling when I’ll get that in. Bilstein are on order and same with 1” TGC spacer.
ABD8FA56-0061-454A-B56D-2B0FCBEEADA2.jpeg

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Not sure about his but it’s literally remove the two shocks and they hook up to two hooks. Loosen the hand screws and done. Slide it off. 5 min max. And they weight nothing. Beauty of ABS instead of fibreglass. My tiny wife even said it wasn’t bad to carry

Like I mentioned though It’s a pain when you just want tailgate. But for the security and looks i sacrifice some stuff. The folding hard ones are more practical and offer security, however, nothing looks better than a sleek solid piece tonneau cover. The rubber in between panels on the folding ones look cheap to me.

what I don't like about the hard cover options is you have to plan to remove the cover. If you're out somewhere and all of a sudden you need a bed with no cover, you don't have an option. You have to go home, take the cover off, then go back.

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ram cover.jpg

what I don't like about the hard cover options is you have to plan to remove the cover. If you're out somewhere and all of a sudden you need a bed with no cover, you don't have an option. You have to go home, take the cover off, then go back.
Yes, mine removes as Addicted2fishing said. It's big and bulky, but easily carried by two people. Undercover provides wall-hanging hooks for the side of your garage, in case you want to hang it up.

I use the bed of the truck for camping gear, or my bicycle, or just hauling a bunch of stuff from stores or the like. I took the cover off my previous truck maybe five times. "All of a sudden" never happened to me, but I can see that for some people that could be an issue.

I like one-piece covers because they are water-tight. My stuff never gets wet, unlike with the hard folding cover I had on my Colorado. That thing was fine for a year, then a little water for a couple more years, then the last year I was trying all sorts of half-working solutions (like tape over the seams) to try to keep out the water. The rubber seals were just in tatters from UV degradation. Finally I threw the damn thing away.

When I got a Frontier, I put the black pebble-grained Undercover on it and I was very, very pleased with that choice. My stuff was always dry. That's why I got another one for the Ram, but this time went with the higher end color-matched.

Last edited:

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
my wife loves to shop, and sometimes it involves furniture that wouldn't fit under the hard cover. I do agree, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen spontaneously.

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my wife loves to shop, and sometimes it involves furniture that wouldn't fit under the hard cover. I do agree, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen spontaneously.
THIS! The roll up works fine or me. My truck bed gets used, furniture, dirt, plants, stone... all kinds of crap, so being able to just roll up the cover is great.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
$$90.00 in gas. 93 octane

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

Or leave it up und tie it down as best as possible

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully give her a nice wash on Sunday.
Sending in another 3 truck payments since I worked all this OT the past 5 Saturdays. No truck payment until the end of December, 2019!! :rockit:

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
hey tones!!!! can I call you? I'm doing my lift.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Replaced the factory fog light bulbs with PIAA ION Yellow 2500K bulbs.