What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ordered superlift 140 coils and got my care package from JB1. Waiting on thuren shock hardware. Can't wait to get this thing done

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I understand completely
Keeps me busy, looks good when I do things right and always something to do

Edit this is kinda addicting to me. Next cams or headers? I dunno lol

It never ends and us members are really good at spending your money

- The Blue Mule

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Brought my truck in for recall and whining noise during deceleration. Got a 18 classic 4x4 bighorn as a rental. Man I wish mine had a long bed like this one. Mine was a 16 bighorn v6. Gotta say the hemi has noticeable more torque but I can literally see the gas gauge move.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brought my truck in for recall and whining noise during deceleration. Got a 18 classic 4x4 bighorn as a rental. Man I wish mine had a long bed like this one. Mine was a 16 bighorn v6. Gotta say the hemi has noticeable more torque but I can literally see the gas gauge move.
Any update on the whining noise?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bulldawg59

Retired USN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A friend and I installed a K&N CAI today. What a pita it was but now it's done.

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stayed with OEM, will decide soon, what you go with?

I was planning on sticking with the OEM struts but ended up having to run out and pick up a pair of ready struts. (I believe they’re Monroe struts). It’s all that was available on short notice. I’ve been considering switching them out with bilstein, I have a set of them in the rear now.

The front end has settled since the install and it’s a little lower than I’d like. I have no problem clearing 35’s, no rubbing at all. I’d just like the front end up a little higher. (Back to where it was before it settled)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stayed with OEM, will decide soon, what you go with?

I was planning on sticking with the OEM struts but ended up having to run out and pick up a pair of ready struts. (I believe they’re Monroe struts). It’s all that was available on short notice. I’ve been considering switching them out with bilstein, I have a set of them in the rear now.

The front end has settled since the install and it’s a little lower than I’d like. I have no problem clearing 35’s, no rubbing at all. I’d just like the front end up a little higher. (Back to where it was before it settled)

406shark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dropped my truck off at a local dealership to have them look at why my AC system wasn't cooling properly. You could get cold air once in awhile, but other times it was only about 70°. I was worried as it was hit or miss if it worked or not. So I explained in great detail everything. Seems to have worked.

I got a call from the service writer a couple of hours later saying that they need to keep my truck overnight for a part to come in tomorrow morning. I asked what they found. She said they were installing a new suction line and condenser. The suction line needed to be ordered.

On a side note... part of my u-connect stopped working last month. It will lock, unlock, locate and send and go works... but it won't update on the trucks condition. U-connect/Ram said it needed a software update? Anyway, they are going to do that as well.

It sucked having to drive it after pulling the PC out. Can't wait to get it back tomorrow... I have an index race on Sunday.

Jeff

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L

I just went for a quick spin, now I’m getting a ‘service electronic braking system’, I hear it’s a regular issue with levelled and lifted trucks, you get that too?

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went for a quick spin, now I’m getting a ‘service electronic braking system’, I hear it’s a regular issue with levelled and lifted trucks, you get that too?
No I didn’t.