What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To Change go into AlfaOBD and follow the steps below:

Body Control Module -> Diagnostics -> Car Configuration Change

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Threshold: Filter Off Original at 480

ECUConfig14 /Acceleration Factor:
Filter Off Original at 5

Didn't seem to do too much during regular operation, helped but subtle. But being aggressive, WooHoo.

Thanks, I'll check that out the next time I drag my laptop out to the truck. :cool:

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1710546914016.jpeg
Was told by two medical equipment installation companies my that my wife's power chair would not fit in the back of my Ram with the topper currently on my Ram. Bruno website said I needed at least a 30" opening for their Curbsider model to work. glad I did my research before this venture started.
One of the many things I learned in Marine Corps bootcamp is the phrase "If it ain't tight, it ain't right!" fits this scenerio just right

CalifPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed a Lund soft roll up tonneau cover on my 1500 today. Easy to install. Looks great.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced the gasket on the 3rd brake light, but, still had a leak. Looking at the light, it looks like the top is a bit distorted and won't properly seal in the center.

Bought an LED brake light and put it on. Sits on there a lot better than the stock one. Poured some water over it and no leak.
2011#rdBrake.jpg

2011RightFront.jpg

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Replaced the gasket on the 3rd brake light, but, still had a leak. Looking at the light, it looks like the top is a bit distorted and won't properly seal in the center.

Bought an LED brake light and put it on. Sits on there a lot better than the stock one. Poured some water over it and no leak.
View attachment 539510

View attachment 539511
Nice! Where did you see your water coming in when you tested? I have some moisture in the left bin under the seat I need to check out

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Where did you see your water coming in when you tested? I have some moisture in the left bin under the seat I need to check out
It was coming down the back window, thru the headliner. Going thru the car wash looked like a waterfall.

From what I read, there are about 3 leak areas. 3rd brake light, rear window seal, and the cab vents. If you have moisture in the storage bins, I would look at the cab vents.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
It was coming down the back window, thru the headliner. Going thru the car wash looked like a waterfall.

From what I read, there are about 3 leak areas. 3rd brake light, rear window seal, and the cab vents. If you have moisture in the storage bins, I would look at the cab vents.
ok, thanks!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Plugged the batteries in last night, then figured that the hood with 5" of wet snow on it is heavy as hell. BTW, the water squeegee for concrete floors work great for pulling snow off hoods and windshields. It's the foam type not the silicon blade type.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
washed it filled it installed @caulk04 thermal bypass valve and still have the B&m oil pan to do but I wanted to see the difference in temps with the valve versus the pan And started looming all the wires I had exposed for lights that I had installed because I didn’t feel like doing it before I should’ve done it before

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpeg
    IMG_0772.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0773.jpeg
    IMG_0773.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 8

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll tell you, painting plastic sux. Lots of prep work, mostly sanding. I tried twice and got terrible results and had to wipe the paint off. Finally talked to a friend that is very talented and he helped me out immensely. He told me to sand with 400 grit, interweb advice was 800. Then sandable primer and sand again. Finally he airbrushed it for me. I was trying to use small spray cans meant for model kits. Too much paint at once, just made a mess. It turned out really nice with airbrush.
I painted the RAM with a paint pen.
I might run a red pinstripe along the side stripe.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Updated my 8.4 radio software / firmware from 18.11.7 to 18.45.01. Was expecting the worse, but went smooth as silk using an 10 year old Lexar 32 gig USB drive. Did it in the driveway (not garage) and truck on battery charger. Took about 25 minutes to do and everything came right up after one ignition / radio reset cycle.

Pleasantly surprised.

Next the Nav update.

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife and myself went for a “roll and stroll” in our Ram to pick up the best dual alarm system. Love my mini Dachshunds. They are brother and sister 9wks old yesterday. The closest is Hemi. He is laying on his sister Shelby.

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpeg
    IMG_1851.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 7