What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have ownes my truck for 2.5 years, and just found out today that my foglights turn on by pushing in the lights dial! Haha, thought the bulbs were just bad!

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have ownes my truck for 2.5 years, and just found out today that my foglights turn on by pushing in the lights dial! Haha, thought the bulbs were just bad!
Haha that is funny. One button I can't figure out how it works is the one that shows a bulb and downward slashes like it looks like it means under the truck lights or under the bumper?? I've had a 300 and a Charger, never a truck so it's new to me. It's on the left hand side right by the dimmer. I've looked online but can't figure it out! And I know it's a terrible explanation lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that's the rear cargo light
Like the third brake light or the bed lights? I don't have the bed lights, on a fully loaded Laramie go figure. So I guess that's why I couldn't figure it out lol

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
There are white lights on the 3rd brake light that shine into the bed. That's what it's for. It will also turn on the bed lights, if you had them installed.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. Did you trade in your stock tires to discount? Mind letting me know what they gave you and how much out the door you spent?

Sure did could of kept them 3 still had a good amount of tread on them but didn’t want to deal with the hassle of storing them. I got $90.xx for them.. basically offsets the cost of the 3 year warranty they offered figured why not especially with the amount of traveling I do.. roughly since I don’t have the receipt nearby I paid about $1050 ish that’s mounted/balanced, free rotation etc. I had them price match Tirebuyer .com, there’s two currently a $50 off Falken there that they also discounted me $75 for that also. Figured if they priced matched, mounted. Balanced and took the discount code it was worth not ordering them online and having to have them shipped to the house and then paying for them to be mounted elsewhere and then making any warranty process harder.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sure did could of kept them 3 still had a good amount of tread on them but didn’t want to deal with the hassle of storing them. I got $90.xx for them.. basically offsets the cost of the 3 year warranty they offered figured why not especially with the amount of traveling I do.. roughly since I don’t have the receipt nearby I paid about $1050 ish that’s mounted/balanced, free rotation etc. I had them price match Tirebuyer .com, there’s two currently a $50 off Falken there that they also discounted me $75 for that also. Figured if they priced matched, mounted. Balanced and took the discount code it was worth not ordering them online and having to have them shipped to the house and then paying for them to be mounted elsewhere and then making any warranty process harder.
Good deal man. I appreciate the info!

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are white lights on the 3rd brake light that shine into the bed. That's what it's for. It will also turn on the bed lights, if you had them installed.
Thank you!! Every time I've been working in the bed at night I hit the unlock to illuminate the brake light lol. If I had any wiring experience I'd add the bed lights but oh well lol.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I have little to no experience either, which is partly why I haven't done it too. I have factory bed lights, but bought more pods to go in the bed. There are youtube videos, and it's really only 2 wires and an in-line fuse block.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have little to no experience either, which is partly why I haven't done it too. I have factory bed lights, but bought more pods to go in the bed. There are youtube videos, and it's really only 2 wires and an in-line fuse block.
I've been learning slowly on how to do little things. All the small mods I've done on the truck I've done myself. My buddy worked at the service department at my dealer before we moved across the state and would do all the work on my 300 and then Charger if I wanted something added. I'm trying to build a bond with this truck so that I don't ditch it after a year or two like I have with my 300/Charger. So something that seems simple gets me all riled up lol.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
plenty of support here from what I've seen. Hard not to have support with 56,000 members!

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha that is funny. One button I can't figure out how it works is the one that shows a bulb and downward slashes like it looks like it means under the truck lights or under the bumper?? I've had a 300 and a Charger, never a truck so it's new to me. It's on the left hand side right by the dimmer. I've looked online but can't figure it out! And I know it's a terrible explanation lol.

I originally thought that was my fog switch!

Reactions: kad

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well....on my way out to clean more snow off of it. :( picked a bad time to have a project taking up my spot in the garage...

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Kicker cs speakers
3.5s dash
6.5 front
6x9 rears

$152 total with all harnesses ans hardware from crutch
field
Absolutely blown away by the difference even with my stock non alpine hu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NM, didn't read far enough to see you already answered my question.

-K

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
he has the order picture posted, with model numbers!

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
32094d474ff740cdf398d6e7d53322bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I originally thought that was my fog switch!

I thought the same thing when I first got mine. The graphic is almost identical to the graphic for the fog lights on my previous truck so I assumed it was the same. Took me a few days to figure out why they weren't going on!

-K