What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got my OPT7 headlights today. Wont install them till this weekend probably. Impressed with the packaging though.

swh822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
HAHA I received an offer for SEMA that I couldn't refuse. So i'm keeping the truck and make some big changes.

Amazing, Can't wait to get the intake on and see how it runs. I might put my stock tires on and burn them at the track next friday.
Can't wait to see it..

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drove back and forth to work all week.
Over a 100 miles on her now and one week old as of today. I'm loving my new truck. (My second Ram.) :favorites13:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've always kept a notebook and a file for receipts for all the mods and maint to my vehicles from day one , **** I know , today I'm organizing everything in a nice binder and files for receipts and logging all info in the Mopar Companion app for a quick reference for me to find part numbers of installed items and such .

Last edited:

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Also did a quick spray detail. Love how the lights polished up with just a spray. Also noticed the metallic in the wheels for the first time. I knew it was there, but it is subtle.

C0639528-B380-4B29-855C-45982A40B5C3_zpsi3inwm6a.jpg
F260004D-DFE9-4C3C-BCA3-FBDE0CFC1EE4_zpskoyrfec3.jpg

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a new radio today to finish off the sound for now. Still could use an amp to power the door and dash speakers but this will do for now

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thank you! I am really happy with how the truck is looking. Small little things that keep me excited about owning it.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yea you would just need the handle if both sides had the 8 wires, and then get the sales code flashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I decided to tell my wife what to get me for christmas, so I told her a couple different things. One of them was the setup to get the rear backup camera installed. Per this post I had her order 68197873AA thinking that it is all I needed, low and behold I have to camera, that is an extra $110. So the kit is $250 for all of the wiring front to back and all of the parts needed, or the Handle and camera separate are $185? At this point I think I am going to have her return the handle because I'm still missing a $110 camera and $90 to have the stupid sales code added. So much for thinking I was all set with a handle...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I decided to tell my wife what to get me for christmas, so I told her a couple different things. One of them was the setup to get the rear backup camera installed. Per this post I had her order 68197873AA thinking that it is all I needed, low and behold I have to camera, that is an extra $110. So the kit is $250 for all of the wiring front to back and all of the parts needed, or the Handle and camera separate are $185? At this point I think I am going to have her return the handle because I'm still missing a $110 camera and $90 to have the stupid sales code added. So much for thinking I was all set with a handle...
Yeh , just get the whole kit and install it yourself, pretty easy install a 4 out of 10 imo , two soldered wires and the rest is plug n play . As for the XAC sales code it took the tech @ my dealer 7 minutes, so I convinced the Service Mgr. To not charge me because I purchased the kit from them instead of less money from eBay .
Hope this helps ! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Check this out if you haven't already , it's cptwings thread on installing the OEM back up cam . IMPORTANT INFO check out Mpgrimm2 's POST # 10 , It's loaded with good info .
Hope this helps !

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=974372

Installing OEM backup cam

[quote name="cptwing" post=923807]Sorry I cannot the file size is too large. 4.2 megs any suggestions?[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
MediaFire is free and will handle it.<br />
On a side note, I believe this i......

Last edited:

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeh , just get the whole kit and install it yourself, pretty easy install a 4 out of 10 imo , two soldered wires and the rest is plug n play . As for the XAC sales code it took the tech @ my dealer 7 minutes, so I convinced the Service Mgr. To not charge me because I purchased the kit from them instead of less money from eBay .
Hope this helps ! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
That is the thing, all I need is a handle and apparently a camera. The wiring is all pre-installed in my truck from the factory. The whole reason I was doing it is because I thought I had gotten lucky and all I needed was the handle thinking it came with the camera, if I would have known it was separate I would have never had her buy it.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmm , check out www.Car-parts.com and or salvage yards for a tailgate or handle with camera . I've seen the handle with a camera for $60.00 on car parts a while back

Here's a handle with camera from a 2014 for $95.00 on carparts.com

0a54fe8b209a5cb88109eb76ccf7cdc8.jpg

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
That is the thing, all I need is a handle and apparently a camera. The wiring is all pre-installed in my truck from the factory. The whole reason I was doing it is because I thought I had gotten lucky and all I needed was the handle thinking it came with the camera, if I would have known it was separate I would have never had her buy it.
Pm me your VIN. I will check your wiring schematic and verify you have the wiring... More often than not, you will not have the full wiring installed that you think you do and end up needing parts that you can only get with the kit.

We can continue in Cptwing's Camera thread.

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

curtis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I pick up a set of used Ntto Terra Grapples from a friend 275/65/20. Its supposed to rain today. Im ready to go play in the mud a bit.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took her to the bank this morning.
Love my Ram truck. :favorites13: