What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol you're a nut.!

I love it !

Makin-Chips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Lonestar Hemi 5.7 CC 4X4
Used the Ram to navigate the flood waters. Picking up odd and end supplies to finish re-decking my trailer.

47b7eabe4a526ea6751de9e4e4e2933e.jpg

870da18699243166c4ed157ae7b9d03e.jpg

A big shout out "Thank You" to 14hemiexpress for the heads up to cut a slot for putting boards in! It made the job simple!

9a4f87ca205d700d328fd94e541b260f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Inadvertently squealed the tires leaving a stoplight. Oops

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

kml9491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Inadvertently squealed the tires leaving a stoplight. Oops[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I did the same about 20 minutes ago. Except I was at a stop sign, racing uphill, and on gravel. So I don't think mine counts lol

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Started mocking up a switch mount for my off road light/auxiliary switches. The plan is to mock up the basic shape and then scan the shape into a CAD program, design a 5 sided box (front/back/top/left/right and open bottom) with holes in the top to allow the 6 switches I have to be mounted. After the design is finalized and tested for fit (printed out on paper to scale and cut out to measure in place for fitment) I will 3D print it, coat the 3D printed piece with some resin, sand smooth and then wrap in carbon fiber vinyl.

The mock up - just a simple piece of plexiglass:

27304832796_94da60af4f_b.jpg

27304839606_e79cfbdc73_b.jpg

In this location, with a box that sits about 2 inches taller than the current location, it will be a perfect reach while driving - no need to lean or stretch while in my normal driving position and not in the way.
27338126435_6eef891efa_b.jpg

Next step is to scan the plexiglass, but I need to reinstall my scanner first.

And then once everything is installed and wired up, CLEAN the inside of the truck... :sleepy10:

Reactions: 9th

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I overheard our parts manager asking one of our hvac guys about the cabin air filter mod & is it possible to do. Our hvac guy gets all high & mighty, and anti-mod on him saying "why would you wanna mod a heater box?" & "if Chrysler wanted it that way, they would've already done it. Rather than chime in & get into a ******* match, I bit my tongue. Talked with the manager later & gave him the p/n's from the diy thread. At that time, my boss is taking with him. I explain it is possible & all over the Internet. My boss says to order up a few kits & he'll pay for mine in exchange for me being a Guinea pig. Pending my testimony of install & performance, our shop would probably start to offer it to customers. Got my mod for free & clocked it at a 26 minute install using a knife.

Also scored a set of dual tail pipes so I can cut the resonators off & eventually fine tune my exhaust note without any down time. Pretty good week.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I overheard our parts manager asking one of our hvac guys about the cabin air filter mod & is it possible to do. Our hvac guy gets all high & mighty, and anti-mod on him saying "why would you wanna mod a heater box?" & "if Chrysler wanted it that way, they would've already done it. Rather than chime in & get into a ******* match, I bit my tongue. Talked with the manager later & gave him the p/n's from the diy thread. At that time, my boss is taking with him. I explain it is possible & all over the Internet. My boss says to order up a few kits & he'll pay for mine in exchange for me being a Guinea pig. Pending my testimony of install & performance, our shop would probably start to offer it to customers. Got my mod for free & clocked it at a 26 minute install using a knife.

Also scored a set of dual tail pipes so I can cut the resonators off & eventually fine tune my exhaust note without any down time. Pretty good week.
That's awesome , and chrysler obviously thinks it's a good idea because the " heater box " is marked for the filter install from the factory .... LOL your tech is just not properly informed .

The cabin air filter mod took me less than .5 hrs as well , and it's the best time & money mod I've done to date !

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
That's awesome , and chrysler obviously thinks it's a good idea because the " heater box " is marked for the filter install from the factory .... LOL your tech is just not properly informed .

The cabin air filter mod took me less than .5 hrs as well , and it's the best time & money mod I've done to date !

In all fairness, our tech is pretty smart. However he acts like a pretentious ***** to prove he's right & will metaphorically throw the book at you too make you feel like an idiot. Over the years, I've learned to deal with it. In this instance, I came out ahead unbeknownst to him & setting up the likely possibility of our shop & techs making money off of it. If he doesn't want the easy time to mod it, fine by me. I've set myself up to be the go to install guy. Plus with the service package it's being offered in, can't complain.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Last week was busy, had the front windows tinted to 20% to match the rear windows and installed mud flaps :)

very happy with both the SunTek Carbon tint and the Dura Flap mud flaps products.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2677.jpg
    DSCF2677.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF2675.jpg
    DSCF2675.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 246

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^ That's what I did with mine, had the fronts tinted to match the rears. Adds to me a more uniformed look to the vehicle. :)

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sent 1A auto an email to find out which heated,turn signal, puddle lights tow mirrors they have for my Ram. Hopefully they will get back to me by Wednesday so that I can place the order. :)

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last week was busy, had the front windows tinted to 20% to match the rear windows and installed mud flaps :)
very happy with both the SunTek Carbon tint and the Dura Flap mud flaps products.

Looks great!
Suntek Carbon tint is awesome. That is what my detailer uses. High end stuff, but you get what you pay for.