What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hbrichman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I pulled it off from behind the muffler and installed a 3” turndown with the factory clamps cost about $9
17b5347221c76abf7b3fca01e7dff0e6.jpg

Nice I like it, may have to look into that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice I like it, may have to look into that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a 3” straight pipe with a flared 3” turn down. I cut the straight pipe down to 4” and it dumps before the rear axle. I straight 3” turndown that isn’t flared would be good as well

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took me a while but I just finished spraying the undercarriage with Corrosion Free.

Took some time to prep: pulled the rear wheel well liners, dropped the spare tire, pulled off the mini-mud flap things (rock skits or something?) and then went to town.

Got the stuff sprayed in the 'wheel well within a wheel well', all under the truck, in most of the frame openings, through the bed braces, rocker panels, door bottoms, etc.

Anything to help keep the rust away as long as possible. Truck hasnt seen bad weather yet so that helped, even though it was built back in September of '16 there was very little surface rust (except for the driveshaft). Hopefully this will help keep it that way, and Ill only need to do a quick touch up spray every year now.

Getting my semi-annual respray of Corrosion Free done at a dealer next week.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Dropped off my truck this AM. Doing a gear upgrade: 3:55--->4:56 Motive front/rear gear swap, adding a Detroit TruTrac LSD, then wrapping the rear up in a Mag-Hytec Diff cover, all bought from Matt at Moe's Performance. The diffs will get filled with some nice gooey Redline gear oil and I should have it back tomorrow or Wednesday, but then I have the un-fun task of driving it like a hearse for 500 miles. Anxious to get it back so I can load the Hemifever custom tune (thanks Sean for the multiple finetuning), even though I can't really take advantage of it for a week or so.

The shop I found does jeeps all day long (called justjeeps in fact) and they are charging $500/axle. No other local shop here in Central TX would do the work, and most said this is really an artform. I was glad to find these guys. I was freaking out.

I added 35" tires and knew I needed to go to at least 4:10 to get back to a decent ratio. But I figured WTF, why not go 4:56 for performance.

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Got my tracking number for my new grill and i ordered molded leather seat skins for the old girl, i absolutely hate leather but i will admit they are easier to clean

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Emptied my catch can for the 3rd time in 7,800 miles. Astonishing the amount of oil it collects. FCA is cool with all that going into the intake like that? It must not be that detrimental but sure couldn't be good.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a little mud on the tires doing some truck stuff......run to the inert dump then picked up another ton of #4 pea gravel

Gotta love a white truck, can’t see any of the crap on it in the pic. I knew I NEEDED them mud tires :favorites13:

Attachments

• 8DE26F6A-AD45-4246-A1F2-2290867A1DC9.jpg
    8DE26F6A-AD45-4246-A1F2-2290867A1DC9.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Hbrichman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mind showing how you did that? Those look great!

I was referred to a shop local to me who did the handles for a great price. I’ve wrapped handles myself on my other cars and it never turned out as good as I wanted. So I thought I’d spend a little more money and try going to somebody this time around. And wow, it came out perfect.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Been slow on the MODS lately. But two weeks ago I added the red caliper covers and this past weekend I added my Carven Progressive. I'll get some pictures when I get time to wash her up. Still adjusting the Carven some with the tips and gotta figure out why the first mount in front of the muffler is touching and causing a terrible rattle when slowing down.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
painted my XD wheels center cap logo white PW7 to match my truck.

The chrome "XD" from the XD wheels center caps is held on with 3 small screws. I removed the emblem, sanded it down and sprayed with a mopar PW7 paint can I had.

Attachments

• center1.jpg
    center1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 51
  • center4.jpg
    center4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 53
  • center6.jpg
    center6.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 53
  • center8.jpg
    center8.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 56

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just parked it for the winter. Won't get to drive it again for about 5.5 months. I am finally going to do the suspension, tires, wheels, tonneau and tint come spring. Might do a few small bolt-ons here and there over the winter (kicker speakers, tailgate assist, etc.)

So many great ideas in this forum, hard to decide what to do.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I just parked it for the winter. Won't get to drive it again for about 5.5 months. I am finally going to do the suspension, tires, wheels, tonneau and tint come spring. Might do a few small bolt-ons here and there over the winter (kicker speakers, tailgate assist, etc.)

So many great ideas in this forum, hard to decide what to do.
Im the opposite mostly use my truck in the winter or long trips. NE winters can be rough at times.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Dropped off my truck this AM. Doing a gear upgrade: 3:55--->4:56 Motive front/rear gear swap, adding a Detroit TruTrac LSD, then wrapping the rear up in a Mag-Hytec Diff cover, all bought from Matt at Moe's Performance. The diffs will get filled with some nice gooey Redline gear oil and I should have it back tomorrow or Wednesday, but then I have the un-fun task of driving it like a hearse for 500 miles. Anxious to get it back so I can load the Hemifever custom tune (thanks Sean for the multiple finetuning), even though I can't really take advantage of it for a week or so.

The shop I found does jeeps all day long (called justjeeps in fact) and they are charging $500/axle. No other local shop here in Central TX would do the work, and most said this is really an artform. I was glad to find these guys. I was freaking out.

I added 35" tires and knew I needed to go to at least 4:10 to get back to a decent ratio. But I figured WTF, why not go 4:56 for performance.

Got my truck back this morning. Loaded the 93 Custom tune from Sean (Hemifever). When I first accelerated, I seriously thought I was in 4-Low. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD this is not the same truck. 4:56 front and rear, Detroit TruTrac LSD and a very pretty Mag-Hytek rear diff cover all on board.

+1 happy camper. :naughty:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go slow grasshopper for the first few hundred miles---:naughty::naughty:
The lower gears really make a difference----it only gets better!!!!
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my truck back this morning. Loaded the 93 Custom tune from Sean (Hemifever). When I first accelerated, I seriously thought I was in 4-Low. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD this is not the same truck. 4:56 front and rear, Detroit TruTrac LSD and a very pretty Mag-Hytek rear diff cover all on board.

Nice, I can’t even imagine how good that feels, my truck with 37’s and 3.92 still pulls hard, the 4.56 will be a lot of fun

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That's some serious upgrades I bet that just throws you back in the seat! I can only imagine how fast that is. I remember the first time I loaded my HF 93 tune and just that felt like I had regeared. Can't imagine what it's like to have both...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517