What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steebo72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I used the 3M adhesive remover. Everything else peeled off OK, but that one just fought me. Thanks for the info.

AustinHarmon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn
Engine
I used the 3M adhesive remover. Everything else peeled off OK, but that one just fought me. Thanks for the info.

3m works awesome! I’ve debadged 2 rigs with it and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mathews8pt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How's the ride? Bottoming out? Anyone know if this is a. Better route than McLaughlin 2"?

No change in ride that I can tell. I had a little weight in the bed for both before and after measurements but I got a 1.25” drop from one coil. I may go more after I get the 22s on.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMG_2519.JPG As for me, I braved the heat and humidity of a July day in North Texas to attach the BedRug tailgate mat on my '16 Reb...sorry for crappy pic. 'Twas an easy install and I can put a knee down on the tailgate with no pain. It's pretty lightweight and there's foam on the back.

A passel o' hooked fasteners are included, along with an alcohol prep pad (for the mat, not the installer) and the job really did take not much more than the 10-minute time stated on the very complete instruction sheet. Word to the wise: the fasteners will lose a few hooks if you move 'em around on the loop strips sewn into the long edges. If you plan on removing the mat often (why I don't know...maybe you're still bored after rearranging your sock drawer?), you might want to get aftermarket versions like those industrial ones made by Velcro.

I also did something else really strenuous: I removed the screw that holds down the factory scissor jack and placed some anti-seize lube on it. Why? Because another poster here says his was rusted tight; now IIRC, he lives where they salt the roads in winter or some such thing, so I understand. The screw goes through the floor and right down into the elements. Thankfully, mine was easily removed, but I had the time and the anti-seize, so there ya go!

TXCOMT

Last edited:

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Added smoked bed light assy

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Completed this morning The JUDGE first OCI.
Was somewhat intimidated with the oil filter removal & replacement but with the right / proper tools it was fairly easy & mess free.

Next OCI will be totally painless with the Fumoto installed.

FA491E35-59FE-400F-B2F8-F5E1A42D79C3.jpeg

Next will be the Rearend then the 68RFE.

Timmy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you do that?

I polished off the clear coat where the scratches were then did a couple coats of wax. Everything came out except one that went deeper than the clear coat

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered a Pedal Commander from Got Exhaust. Waiting eagerly for it to arrive.

BTW, Nick is a great rep for that company. Answered my questions quickly and thoroughly. And didn't make me feel like a dummy even though one of my questions could have been answered before I bothered him if I done a little research. Thanks Nick.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered a Pedal Commander from Got Exhaust. Waiting eagerly for it to arrive.

BTW, Nick is a great rep for that company. Answered my questions quickly and thoroughly. And didn't make me feel like a dummy even though one of my questions could have been answered before I bothered him if I done a little research. Thanks Nick.
Nick is awesome!

valvestem

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Paid my excise tax and registration to the tune of $1038.12 and put on my new license plates. This is a good reason not to live in Maine right there.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Paid my excise tax and registration to the tune of $1038.12 and put on my new license plates. This is a good reason not to live in Maine right there.

DAMN!!!!! I thought $350 was outrageous....

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
That's insane.......granted I'm In MA and I pay just around $450 a yr.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Holy wowzer!! And I thought the dreaded Kalifornia was bad