What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Far more important..... The memories [emoji3590]
I love bringing my son into the garage and at 14 he is getting quite good at it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
They are at the age where they really want to learn. Especially the older boys. I am not going to make the mistake my dad did with my brother and not teach the middle or youngest boys. They all need to know at least basics. Electrical, how to change your oil, spare tire. How to jack a vehicle up etc. I teach them more than just car stuff. I got lucky and my dad taught me so much. There really isn't much that I don't feel comfortable doing. I try to teach them the same way I was taught. It also keeps them close to you in their teenage years when they can tend to pull away.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a couple friends growing up that step became Dad.... That had to be a great feeling for him.... Being treated as "Dad"

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thats awesome and yes you are correct. It is not about being a step dad sometimes. Its more about stepping up and being a dad to a lot of kids. Kids very easily over look the biological aspects. Its about who takes the time to love on me. Who is there for me. Who loves my mom etc.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put on a nice new set of Powerstop Extreme pads and rotors up front.
After completing the job (Pads where THIN) I still had a slight grinding noise.

Pulled a back tire... yea, rear Powerstop setup arrives Friday. Haha.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced lower ball joints again, the Moog "Problem Starters" with less than 6k miles on them. Passenger side shot and driver side on its way. Trying my luck with the Mevotech TTX this time around, hopefully have better luck.

2D7BEE45-DAED-4908-86A5-1C947102E93A.jpeg

1DDD19E9-3FC5-4294-AC41-082BDEA0081B.jpeg

BE34CEBA-0731-4782-924F-2871023C312A.jpeg

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did some post winter cleaning. Washed, clay barred, and waxed the truck. Removed the rear wheel well liners and rinsed off all the salt and caked on mud. Hopefully it won't see any more jobsites for awhile and stay clean.

20210314_132410.jpg
Almost done with a quick little project. This winter got a used grill with the winter front. Tried out the winter front and didn't seem to make too much of a difference. Probably because I don't let the truck idle too long. The grill was off a 2012 so doesn't fit my truck which I didn't really care if it did or not. Just wanted the cover. The grill was covered in salt and the chrome had little green spots all over it. After an hour and half with some turtle wax chrome cleaner it shined up nice. Cut the mounting tabs off it so it would sit flush on a wall and mounted it above my sons bed. It didn't come with an emblem so thats the last piece I'm missing to finish it. Already have a paintable big horn style grill on the way for my truck that I'll paint white and use the emblem off my grill on the one in his room. I think I might have to trim the emblem a little for it to fit. Haven't looked into it too much yet.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Oil change.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ameldorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

ameldorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The heater hoses are HPS too? How was that install? Ive done both radiator hoses with HPS but ive never seen those heater hoses. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, HPS. They sell lengths of various size/color heater and vacuum hose. Other than coolant everywhere, pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a note on those HPS hoses page:

"Remark: Silicone hose water permeation rate is 10 to 15 times greater than standard EPDM rubber hose. Checking water level regularly is highly recommended when silicone coolant hoses are used in a daily driving vehicle."

Paying 4 times the price of Gates hoses with the possibility of coolant loss, I'll be happy with black and stick with Gates hoses.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a note on those HPS hoses page:

"Remark: Silicone hose water permeation rate is 10 to 15 times greater than standard EPDM rubber hose. Checking water level regularly is highly recommended when silicone coolant hoses are used in a daily driving vehicle."

Paying 4 times the price of Gates hoses with the possibility of coolant loss, I'll be happy with black and stick with Gates hoses.
Wow i did not see this when i made my purchase. I had to replace my hose and always heard silicon was better. Live and learn. Appreciate that info.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I attempted to fix the passenger side bright light. Its getting fire to the plug. I flipped the LED bulbs and even tried to use the stock bulb. Nothing. So I am at a stale mate until I can figure it out. I did however wax her after that and adjusted the headlights and fog lights. No I should be able to see and not blind everyone lol.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Note to you Dads, biological or not, don't forget your daughters. Little girls can learn to bring daddy the right wrench size and no girl/ woman should be helpless with a flat tire.

Of course if you have a girly girl maybe it's harder I was always a tomboy!

I got stuck with 5 boys. We were really hoping the baby would have been a girl. My wife really wanted one and so did I.

Octane

Reaction score
Wow i did not see this when i made my purchase. I had to replace my hose and always heard silicon was better. Live and learn. Appreciate that info.
I never experienced it on my commercial truck.1.4 million miles on silicone hose.It may happen but I can't tell if it permeates coolant

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Note to you Dads, biological or not, don't forget your daughters. Little girls can learn to bring daddy the right wrench size and no girl/ woman should be helpless with a flat tire.

Of course if you have a girly girl maybe it's harder I was always a tomboy!

I've got one of each, my daughter is stuck to my hip as much, if not more, than my son. she loves to help me in the garage with projects. Even if it takes longer, the memories are what matter to me.