What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
you have a 1500 and a class 4 hitch not a 5
you also have a 2014 not a 2015-16 that are having the brake controller issues

I also know what I am talking about, I am Master heavy Truck Tech with 30+ years experience, and there are times when you want wheel spin in sand, snow, mud, ect, and times when you want to lock the diffs other than low range, (mudding would be a good example)

FCA offers and promotes the PW for off roading, yet they inhibit it's ability to do what it is marketed for , but there are those of us that really use are brains and figure ways around these issues

I have a 2014 2500 and my brake controller has the same problems as the 15 and 16 trucks. The dealer went as far as to tell me many people are installing after market controllers and forgetting the factory ones. That's BS and FCA should have to make these work properly.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the issue with the brake controller?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finding out that the chrome rims on my 2011 are plastic covers :(
Well on the bright side chrome is just plating anyway. whether it's covering metal or plastic it's still going to look the same. Too bad the stock chrome clads aren't removable over painted alloy, then you could simply snap them off every winter like wheel skins. I have stock alloy that color match my truck but I'm going to put chrome wheel skins on during the summer so I can have the chrome look for $100 instead of $1000 and not have to worry about winter salt

Last edited:

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finding out that the chrome rims on my 2011 are plastic covers :(

You forgot about the rusted chrome wheels on your 2011--if they were real chrome. Does feel like one gets cheated with plastic though.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trying to look over the hood to park. Good Lord it's the hardest vehicle to park.

MDS

The xm radio cuts in and out for no reason. Does not do it in my wife's flex.

Other then that I love the thing to death.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trying to look over the hood to park. Good Lord it's the hardest vehicle to park.

MDS

The xm radio cuts in and out for no reason. Does not do it in my wife's flex.

Other then that I love the thing to death.
You should install an aftermarket front camera , call SXM on your service issue , have them refresh your signal . If that doest work check your antenna for water intrusion / corrosion.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish I could get it to display what gear I'm in. The last rig was a manual and I just need to know.

Making a hands free call is not a happening thing - 2 rings and done, but I understand this is a Samsung deal.

Other than that, it's a nice truck.

'12 QC 4x4

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
why they dont do the color matched bumpers on ALL packages instead of just the express and sport.

why they built the 2wd without coilovers in the front?!

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
why they dont do the color matched bumpers on ALL packages instead of just the express and sport.

why they built the 2wd without coilovers in the front?!
Because chromed steel bumpers are still very popular with truck buyers. Having more rather than less choices is better for us the customers anyway

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Because chromed steel bumpers are still very popular with truck buyers. Having more rather than less choices is better for us the customers anyway
I agree but I think he meant as an option. If dealerships could be cut out of the revenue stream, I bet each and every one of us could order exactly the truck we wanted.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I agree but I think he meant as an option. If dealerships could be cut out of the revenue stream, I bet each and every one of us could order exactly the truck we wanted.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes I meant as an option