What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I add remote start I would let it run for a while to warm up [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
Godzilla 7.3
If I add remote start I would let it run for a while to warm up [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It is kind of a shame to have it and not really use it, but my garage is somewhat insulated so it doesn't usually get much below freezing. It's actually more of a benefit leaving work, since I have to park outside there(!). But even with just 20-30 seconds warmup time, the steering wheel is already getting warm and the seats follow pretty quickly.

yanclanman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oil filter location --- SUCKS!!!!

And the shark fin should be body color on a 50K truck.

I'm with you on the old filter! My old toyota had it right on top of the engine with a little drain pan. It's so hard to switch out the filter without making a mess!

chesafreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew
Engine
I'm with you on the old filter! My old toyota had it right on top of the engine with a little drain pan. It's so hard to switch out the filter without making a mess!

Cant believe the oil filter is a problem with everyone. I have not changed the oil yet or even looked at it. With my 2003 2500 they had a little spout where the oil would run out and stream perfectly. Thats disappointing that the engineers would screw something up that worked so good before.

Z-Rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now the filter spills oil all over the crossmember and other components. I take aluminum foil and cover everything in the area so whatever does spill is easier to clean up. Just fold the foil up when done to contain the oil that spilled out and your truck stays nice and clean underneath.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is kind of a shame to have it and not really use it

I use mine every single day.
During the winter months, I fire it up almost every morning to let it defrost/warm the truck up. It's dynamite during the winter months. If it's warm out, I just fire it up as I'm walking towards the truck and then, just get in and go. :)

sport654

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The way the sheet metal dings so easily!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
Godzilla 7.3
I use mine every single day.
During the winter months, I fire it up almost every morning to let it defrost/warm the truck up. It's dynamite during the winter months. If it's warm out, I just fire it up as I'm walking towards the truck and then, just get in and go. :)

I do USE it, but not to its potential because of the garage. However, I've never been tempted to park it outside on a -20° night just so I can start it 10 minutes ahead of time...

I have, however, been tempted to set up an exhaust port outside the garage. You know, like they have in service bays so they can run a vehicle inside without killing everyone.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the small after running for a bout 15 minutes with the windows down. Smells like LP gas. No way to check the tranny fluid accept for getting under the truck to look at the sight glass on the side of the tranny.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used my remote start on my 2014 1500 as I approached, mainly to hear my Corsas bark to life...

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can someone please explain why they dislike the radio that stays on? You can mute it while driving and turn it all the way down before you shut it off. What's the difference between that and turning it off?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Can someone please explain why they dislike the radio that stays on? You can mute it while driving and turn it all the way down before you shut it off. What's the difference between that and turning it off?

The problem I have noticed is that even turning it all the way down, there is times the volume bumps up one segment either on it's own while driving or the next time you get in and start up. While one volume segment up from zero is not much, it does get aggravating because you then hear what amounts to a whisper of volume.

butterscotch71

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited Longhorn
Engine
Cant believe the oil filter is a problem with everyone. I have not changed the oil yet or even looked at it. With my 2003 2500 they had a little spout where the oil would run out and stream perfectly. Thats disappointing that the engineers would screw something up that worked so good before.

My 2010 4.7 had the nice plastic drain channel. I agree the 5.7 in my 2015 4x4 filter location could have been designed better. I just changed oil for the first time a week ago. Cut the bottom out of a 1 gallon milk jug. It just fit below the oil filter and set flat to catch any oil leaking out from filter removal.

6 Speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not yet, but: 2016
Engine
Not yet, but: Cummins with 6 speed manual
I'm glad the op suggested this thread. None of the issues I read (and I skipped a lot of pages), seem like anything major to me, or to discourage me from buying maybe a 2017 model. But hey, why? I'm sure 2017 models will have some things too. I hope not but I doubt the truck will be 'perfecto'.

The biggest complaints I did read about are:

cruise control (but then, I read about the package that includes it)
cabin filter

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My cabin reeks of a harsh chemical smell when I first put the heat on. Probably poisoning myself slowly to death.
Any foggy windows? Could be a small heater core leak. Large leaks are much more obvious (the whole cabin fills up with smoke).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any foggy windows? Could be a small heater core leak. Large leaks are much more obvious (the whole cabin fills up with smoke).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Intermittently yeah, I was thinking the same thing

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Intermittently yeah, I was thinking the same thing

Can also be, that your evaporator has mold on it. when it gets moist, it stinks awful. especially when you start up and the moist of the air is sitting in the heater box. and you get the smell regardless if you have the a/c on or not. happens especially in the winter time, when you don't use the a/c much. the mold is not washed away by the constant condense water. but it's still moist and the mold grows very good.
because mold holds also the moister longer, it can be that the windows fog slight after start. If it doesn't do it during driving, after the engine is warm, it's likely.
they have cleaner spray you can spray in the intake channel of the box which solves the problem pretty much.