What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Even if all I got was one extra cup holder, that would still be better than a ginormous shifter to put your car into Drive and Reverse. If you want a shifter, go manual.

And to clarify, I'm not even bashing the automatic stick-shifter or column-shifters. Both are fine. I'm only addressing those that think a dial knob is stupid. It isn't. It's a practical, space-efficient solution to an every day task.

Aaaaand again, that is your opinion. How many cup holders does one have. Mine has 5 up front. I don't need that many. To say if you want a shifter go manual doesn't make any sense. I could say if you don't want a shifter get a prius... Doesn't add up.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A lot of vehicles even if they have a normal console shifter are still electronic and not actually connected to the transmission with a cable like older cars were. The shifter is still used just to make people feel comfortable. More and more will be going to dial and push button shifting in the future for sure.

I highly doubt that. At least not in FCA vehicles. There is a reason the Charger, Challenger, Grand Cherokee and the RAM Rebel TRX concept went back to a simulated traditional "mechanical" shift lever. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see one in the 5th gen RAM, and I hope we do.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Rebel and it has the all black headliner and trim. I like it a lot better then the light gray my black 14 Sport had.

The black headliner should definitely be included with the Sport edition....I've owned cars that are 9 years old now, like the Pontiac G8 GT, that came standard with the black headliner.

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My one "complaint " would be the cheap plastic interior door panels on my '16 Express, but that's nitpicking. I don't have any complaints about the truck so far in the year I've owned it. I love everything about the truck. It's by far the best vehicle I've ever owned . My previous cars were '90 Camaro Iroc-z, '95 Avenger , '02 Durango and '05 Infiniti FX 35 , all purchased new.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My one "complaint " would be the cheap plastic interior door panels on my '16 Express, but that's nitpicking. I don't have any complaints about the truck so far in the year I've owned it. I love everything about the truck. ...
This ^^^ + Maybe the cheap plastic steering wheel.
Was one of my first "mods" getting a leather one. Soo much nicer.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Every leather steering wheel I have had has developed peeling where I normally hold it and had everyone replaced under warranty.
Glad mine does not have one..lol

Those cheap door panels do clean easy and would be easy on the wallet if they ever need to be replaced.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Every leather steering wheel I have had has developed peeling where I normally hold it and had everyone replaced under warranty.
Glad mine does not have one..lol

Those cheap door panels do clean easy and would be easy on the wallet if they ever need to be replaced.

I hated how my elbow felt on long drives so I swapped in some Big Horn panels...

I wonder what this button does?

BigTrout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This ^^^ + Maybe the cheap plastic steering wheel.

Was one of my first "mods" getting a leather one. Soo much nicer.

This x2, idk maybe I get sweaty hands sometimes lol but that rubbery plastic can feel slick. I would like a nice replacement &not some Walmart steering cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Love my truck but don't like that a DEF/exhaust system fault, real or not can strand you. I got a 5mph limit in 150 miles see dealer alarm while over 200 miles from the closest dealer. Fortunately the alarm was false and cleared after shutting down and restarting the next morning.

hbfieldii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That I didnt wait and buy a 2500 instead of a 1500

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still get frustrated with the sensitivity of the dash lights when they automatically dim in the day or go full bright at night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love the knob, and love my Ram. I remember in the 60's when some chrysler models had push button shift. Most guys loved it but the ladies complained about breaking finger nails. Pressure was on and they changed the shifting to the column. Wee bit of history.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stupid tow mirror turn signals stopped working. Sport led dome light sucks.

ramd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1500 2500 tradesmen and the radio sucks I've replaced it and it still shuts off whenever it fills like it

Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
It burns thru light bulbs.

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everytime it rains or just after a rain, if I open any door, a bunch of water will fall from the seal up top, right onto the leather so i have to clean it all up. It may not be much but it annoys the crap out of me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357