What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Passenger door seems like it is always hard to shut!

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't stand this transmission. I have a 14' without the 8spd. The transmission has no idea what gear it wants to be in, and seems to always be inbetween gears in some kinda limp type mode. Takes a second or two to figure out where it wants to be when slowing from a 35-40 cruise on Main Street to a uphill climb onto my side road without coming to a full stop. I was told the 8spd has no issues with this.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drivetrain , 6sp automatic just plain sucks and not having an Anti Spin rear diff is a **** poor idea. Why would they even offer this drivetrain with a Hemi ????????

Last edited:

2000GM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I stayed away from this thread until I had a year and 20,000 miles under its belt.

I think my biggest gripe is that with the 8.4 system, I have to touch the screen to go to the climate screen just to even see what mode it's in. They gave the dash redundant buttons for temp, AC, and a knob for fan speed, why not give us one more knob or set of buttons for the mode? At least for indication, so you can quickly glance down to see where it's set to blow while driving.

My second gripe is the tailgate not being damped when you open it. The last few trucks I've had each had a built in spring and you could lower it with your fingertips. This is compounded by there being no place to really place your hand to lower it gently, without putting your hand directly on the paint. Yes, the deezee assist is cheap and easy to install, but they seem to wear out and break often.

I'll echo the thoughts on the recessed section on top of the tailgate.

I know, I know...First World problems.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ **** poor or cheap answer take your pick. The drivetrain should not of been offered with a Semi period . My 03 or 07 was nothing special but had what I wanted also even with a 5sp auto it was better than this . All came with 3.92s , no spin and had a normal 1st gear.

Last edited:

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The navigation sucks. Picks wrong routes, and is very conservative on the estimated arrival time. In addition, I got my truck 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the map for navigation is out dated. I actually expected better. :favorites68:

The little light that shines down onto the center console from the ceiling bugs me. If it were the same color as one of the blue LED lights that are in other places of the interior, it would be cool. Instead, it shines like an old incandescent flashlight where the batteries are almost dead. Gets on my nerves. I may put a black piece of tape over it.

So far, I like everything else about the truck.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drivetrain , 6sp automatic just plain sucks and not having an Anti Spin rear diff is a **** poor idea. Why would they even offer this drivetrain with a Hemi ????????

Perhaps they had a bunch of 6sp left over and some spare production capacity and offers them as a cheap alternative to the 8 speed.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The navigation sucks. Picks wrong routes, and is very conservative on the estimated arrival time.

The navigation on mine is pretty much spot on, but if you are not used to the way Garmin does things it could be frustrating.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perhaps they had a bunch of 6sp left over and some spare production capacity and offers them as a cheap alternative to the 8 speed.

Its pretty much my own fault each of my trucks since the 90s has been almost the same right down to the color red, reg cab short bed Hemi 4x4.. Each one was an improvement over the last . I figured the 20inch wheel used to mean 3.92s and anti spin but not any more I learned . The 5sp was an improvement over the 4 so I took for granted a 6 would be an improvement over the last two 5 speeds. Like I said it was my own fault as it was kind of a spur of the moment thing buying it , my mistake .

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys couple posts back by 2000gm he mentioned he wish he could see what the a/c was doing. Not sure if everyone knows this but on your 8.4 screen the icons at the bottom change all the time to show you what is going on in real time. Meaning the compass icon changes to the direction you are heading and also what the a/c is doing. Like air speed and which direction it is blowing. I did not realize this until about 6month of ownership.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The navigation sucks. Picks wrong routes, and is very conservative on the estimated arrival time. In addition, I got my truck 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the map for navigation is out dated. I actually expected better. :favorites68:

The little light that shines down onto the center console from the ceiling bugs me. If it were the same color as one of the blue LED lights that are in other places of the interior, it would be cool. Instead, it shines like an old incandescent flashlight where the batteries are almost dead. Gets on my nerves. I may put a black piece of tape over it.

So far, I like everything else about the truck.

Pull the console down and unplug it. Mines unplugged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The one thing I hast most is the damn radio overheats when the volume is turned up over 75% and when it overheats, it automatically reduces the volume to 50% or less. Never had a radio do that and when I'm trying to unwind from a ****** day at work during a ****** drive home from work, it only makes things worse...

2000GM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys couple posts back by 2000gm he mentioned he wish he could see what the a/c was doing. Not sure if everyone knows this but on your 8.4 screen the icons at the bottom change all the time to show you what is going on in real time. Meaning the compass icon changes to the direction you are heading and also what the a/c is doing. Like air speed and which direction it is blowing. I did not realize this until about 6month of ownership.

Heh, whaddya know?? I'm at work and had to go out and check. I never noticed that before! It's pretty tough to see though. The icon itself is gray and the direction arrows and fan speed blocks are almost the same color, and pretty small. Thanks for the tip!

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Pull the console down and unplug it. Mines unplugged

That is really good to know. I hadn't looked closely, so I just assumed the head liner would have to come off to get to it. If it is as simple as pull down the console and unplug, I may change it to a blue led like the rest of the accent lights on the interior of the truck. I'll have a look when I get home. Also want to see the wind diction and AC status that was mentioned a couple posts back.

Learn all kinds of stuff just reading through forums. Good stuff...

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
They need properly calibrate trucks with 32 gallon tanks. The system reads as if it had a 26 gallon tank. I normally fill up at the half tank mark, but I ran it down pass empty to test it out after reading a few post about people only able to put in 26 gallons on empty. Not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have an accurate read out on how much fuel I have.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is really good to know. I hadn't looked closely, so I just assumed the head liner would have to come off to get to it. If it is as simple as pull down the console and unplug, I may change it to a blue led like the rest of the accent lights on the interior of the truck. I'll have a look when I get home. Also want to see the wind diction and AC status that was mentioned a couple posts back.

Learn all kinds of stuff just reading through forums. Good stuff...

Pull from the side towards the center of the truck. It's tight but it snaps down. Just be careful