What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really. A $200 Jensen 7" head can do more than the considerably more expensive factory option.

Luckily, for a couple hundred bucks, you can add video in to the factory 8.4.

You need to get into the $800 range to get something comparable, but still lacking. Don't forget the unit controls all settings of the truck, climate controls, navigation, and lastly 3G/4G connectivity. Also at time of launchof hte 8.4, there was nothing on the market that could do what it can do. Maestro has only been compatible for maybe two or three years tops. However I would like to and expect to see an HDMI input on the new mode, much like the Pacifica.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't thing of much that bothered me that I couldn't do something about etc (ra1 radio), lack of upper glovebox door on the express/trades level was dumb but that's easily fixable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
My driver seat if you put any pressure will just fly back -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 RAM 1500 -- the UConnect GPS voice spoke with a lisp.

I didn't notice it until my wife mentioned to me.... not a big deal, but my friend's kids couldn't stop laughing every time when the GPS spoke for the next direction. :rofl:

Hope there is an alternative GPS voice that I could choose...

TxStyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
-no Apple carplay
-seats don’t cool at full function when turning on truck (aka level one not two)
-mirrors don’t auto fold when turning off engine
-no radio shutoff
-can't figure out how to stop autoplaying my music from iPhone
-those useless back seat headrests

And if the air suspension could just go dow 1" more I'd have a happy mom (she's 86 and very hard for her to get in and out.)

Other than that, I sure do love this thing. Headed on my first short road trip today.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll add one... blinkers blinkers.... never seems to turn off after I make a turn I catch myself going down the road and having to manually hit the stall to turn them off... a bit annoying

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll add one... blinkers blinkers.... never seems to turn off after I make a turn I catch myself going down the road and having to manually hit the stall to turn them off... a bit annoying

That isn't normal.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
-no Apple carplay
-seats don’t cool at full function when turning on truck (aka level one not two)
-no radio shutoff

And if the air suspension could just go dow 1" more I'd have a happy mom (she's 86 and very hard for her to get in and out.)

Other than that, I sure do love this thing. Headed on my first short road trip today.
I removed my rear headrests, big improvement.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Boat freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That it shakes on the highway at any speed over 60 (i'm on my second set of tires and it still does it).

That half the time the buttons and backlighting on all the buttons in the bottom row of the center stack as well as the 4wd buttons don't work until I lock the doors, then they all come on.

That the transmission failed while towing my boat, hit 280*, and the dealer only replaced the valve body, now it shifts odd and runs hot (up to 237* not towing) and Chrysler won't do anything else for me until it fails.

That the rear differential is starting to howl on the highway just like the differential did in my 2009 Ram when the pinion nut began to back off.

Oh, and I am now at 54,000 miles. I understand that mass produced vehicles aren't perfect and mechanical things do break, but FCA's lack of resolution for me has shown me that they could care less if I ever buy another one of their vehicles, so, I won't.

cpotts13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
-no Apple carplay
-no radio shutoff

Apple car play (or lack there of) is my biggest complaint...
I second the cooled seats and auto folding mirrors.

Ill add that its highly annoying that you cannot change the number of flashes for the one touch blinkers.
My other car allows this and you need at least 7-10 for a smooth lane change (IMO).

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Ill add that its highly annoying that you cannot change the number of flashes for the one touch blinkers.
My other car allows this and you need at least 7-10 for a smooth lane change (IMO).
Carplay should be available for the 2018 model year...same for Android auto.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

My other car allows this and you need at least 7-10 for a smooth lane change
(IMO).

What about fully turning ON the blinker and then turing it off again when you get over.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate the wart on the drivers side roof of an antenna (Satellite radio crap) Wish I never got it.

jorge1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish I still had my 3rd generation Ram. This 2014 Ram has had wind leaks since the day I bought it. Plus now at 40,000 miles I have the Hemi tick starting. Hate going to have to fight the dealer to get this fixed. They never did fix the wind noise which is coming thru the heater vents. Just turn the radio up louder.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I hate that my ram runs like total **** when it's wet n humid but when it's nice, cool n dry, it runs like a frigin new truck. When running good, the engine is quieter than my wife's new highlander with 250 miles on it.