What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does this a little too. Many blame the stock Goodyear tires and claim it disappears when you replace them.

I only had it slightly with the OE GY's . New 35-12.50-20 KO2's only made it worse . been through many tire balancing jobs . Tires are fine says the Roadforce machines .

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may or may not have posted this before but I was just attempting to make heads and tails out of the owners manual after 6 months of ownership and decided that one of the BIGGEST pain in the ass things about this truck is the almost incomprehendable owners manual that is filled with "if equipped" and "on some models" and all sorts of other useless phrases to go along with the mind numbing variables of possibilities that COULD be in/on the truck. I've gotten over 6K on my truck since getting it this summer and I'm still not sure I understand everything I have or everything it can do. I'm living in my little bubble and not tossing at night worrying, but I could have designed a better setup with more logical options and fewer possibilities.

And I absolutely cannot stand the radio that goes on every time I start it, along with the **** poor headlights that can't even light up the fence that is 5 feet away!

5 speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
I have had three Rams and currently have a 16 2500. My main issue being it rides like hell. They could put some engineering into the springs so they were progressive, first 1/3 of the travel handles small bumps and soaks them up completely, 2nd 1/3 handles medium bumps and final handles hard g outs and all the while they are able to support the weight of a load with progressive bump stops, maybe airbag helpers in the back. instead its just a damn brick and so unnecessary

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My interior Fan squeaks bad when it blows air out the vents that go to people’s faces ... so annoying I bet it would cost a ton to fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitboss000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My gripe list at 6 weeks/1300 miles:

3) Most aggravating because it is most frequently encountered: When using cruise control and approaching "Reduce speed ahead" I hit the cruise cancel button, allow the truck to drift down to the new speed and hit the set button when the digital readout indicates the new speed. Instead, I am looking at "Cruise control ready" displayed in the cluster instead of my speed. The analog speedometer only tells you that you are traveling somewhere between 40 and 50 or 50 and 60. The police radar around here is much more precise than that. Better yet, why not just do what Honda did on my wife's Odyssey and leave the CC in the ready state unless you turn it off? Just hit set when you get the speed right.

I keep the digital speedo displayed all the time, and this is annoying. Whenever I cancel - I automatically hit either the up or down menu button on the left side of the steering wheel. This brings the speedo back. Also works for the "upcoming turn" display while using nav.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My interior Fan squeaks bad when it blows air out the vents that go to people’s faces ... so annoying I bet it would cost a ton to fix

Fan is about 150 on amazon I think and it's really easy to change. Access from the passenger foot well. Actually can find them on ebay for under 40

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fan is about 150 on amazon I think and it's really easy to change. Access from the passenger foot well. Actually can find them on ebay for under 40
Oh wow ok thanks, I had no idea how to get to it and haven’t looked into it but I will now! Thanks!!

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep the digital speedo displayed all the time, and this is annoying. Whenever I cancel - I automatically hit either the up or down menu button on the left side of the steering wheel. This brings the speedo back. Also works for the "upcoming turn" display while using nav.

Thanks for the tip. I tried that today. Actually it was the left arrow that worked for me. Would not have thought of that. I am still leaving it on my gripe list because that should not be necessary. By the way, you can set the programming to turn off the Nav display in the cluster.

Last edited:

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
This is silly, but I'll mention it regardless.

When backing into my driveway, the icons to switch between backup camera and cargo camera covers my mailbox in the display. So, I back into my driveway using old school methods (using the side rear view mirror). I find this more humorous than anything, cause it is more like my bad luck that my mailbox is where it is. There is nothing wrong with the icons.

5 speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
Oil filter location and not having a cabin filter from factory. I've done the mod and a world of difference in air quality. Eventually will add a separate filter receiver, but ok for now.

where does the cabin filter go? I figure the 2500 must have the space too. Is it under the windshield cowl? How do you get to it or is it inside?

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lucked out. Mine was also from Canada, but because it was a fleet vehicle from Enterprise I was able to transfer the warranty. It is a 2016 and had only 16k when I bought it in June.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's exactly how I got mine. A 2017 fleet vehicle from enterprise in Canada. About 13,000 miles on it when I got it. Full factory warranty. It's made to USA specs, including the speedo. It's in mph, not kph. My dealer said enterprise rents them to mostly American tourist there hunting & fishing. Idk if true or not but makes sense.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I have had three Rams and currently have a 16 2500. My main issue being it rides like hell. They could put some engineering into the springs so they were progressive, first 1/3 of the travel handles small bumps and soaks them up completely, 2nd 1/3 handles medium bumps and final handles hard g outs and all the while they are able to support the weight of a load with progressive bump stops, maybe airbag helpers in the back. instead its just a damn brick and so unnecessary
Have you driven HD trucks from any of the other manufacturers? Just curious, because I Have, and I can tell you in all confidence, that my Ram 2500 rides smoother than any of the others.

Is it still a stiffer ride? Hell yes, but it is an HD truck. I didn't buy it for a smooth ride lol.

You could try dropping the air pressure in your tires, maybe that will help you?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Legendairy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The main thing that bothers me about my truck is how cheesy the internal components are. Such as the window and door lock mechanism on the door and radio controls. Other than that its a workhorse.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That's exactly how I got mine. A 2017 fleet vehicle from enterprise in Canada. About 13,000 miles on it when I got it. Full factory warranty. It's made to USA specs, including the speedo. It's in mph, not kph. My dealer said enterprise rents them to mostly American tourist there hunting & fishing. Idk if true or not but makes sense.

If that's the case, your warranty should be good. Get with a local dealer you tryst and have them look into it if you haven't already. I did it here through a dealer in which I happen to know the owners. It took the service manager about 30 mins but he was able to get it registered to me and now I am covered.
The nice thing about fleet vehicles is they are regularly maintained.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nastyboypro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 Hemi 5.7
1. I hate the noise my cup holder makes when there is a cup in it.
2. MPG, I'm getting 12 to 13 on a good trip. I'm averaging 10 to 11 in the winter months, this is in TX.
Other then that I LOVE the truck.... I did buy it used 2 yrs ago so stuff is breaking on it.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MPG, I'm getting 12 to 13 on a good trip. I'm averaging 10 to 11 in the winter months, this is in TX.
Other then that I LOVE the truck.... I did buy it used 2 yrs ago so stuff is breaking on it.
True. No one buys a 6 year old truck with a Hemi and expect to get good gas mileage anyways. lol
My 2005 GoMango Ram Daytona 4X4 rcsb got about 11MPG. Sucked, but it put a smile on my face every time I drove it. I didn't even look at gas prices when pumping gas.
Good luck bro!

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
So far my only complaints are:

1) Dim ass headlights. I replaced the bulbs on like day 3.

2) LED maplights that were already flickering and mostly not working at all. I finally got up the nerve to tackle the mod I found on here, and 30-45 minutes later I’ve got new, bright LED’s.

3) I hate that I’m afraid to update my 8.4 Uconnect...it’s working fine now, and so many horror stories on here about the updates.

But the list of things I love about my Longhorn is much much longer than the complaints. I would definitely do it again.