What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guess that knob’s just not for everybody but I gotta ask; why are you using the buttons to shift?? Is 8 forward gears that do what I would consider a pretty good job of keeping the Rpms in the power band not good enough for ya?...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes when im in the mood i like driving hard rowing thru gears listening to the exhust note..buttons just turn me off no big deal bro still like everything else about this truck might sell it if i see anything interesting.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes when im in the mood i like driving hard rowing thru gears listening to the exhust note..buttons just turn me off no big deal bro still like everything else about this truck might sell it if i see anything interesting.

I hear ya, and yeah, I got pretty nice sounding carven progressive exhaust but I don’t think manually rolling through the gears is gonna make it sound an better but maybe that’s just me...lol. But then again, if being able to do that is such a must, take a little bit to search the forums because I think there’s a few threads out there where people have successfully grafted a Hellcat steering wheel with left and right paddle shifters to their Ram. Might wanna look into that.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That when I bought my Ram a friend told me about this site. Then there was a forum where people can say something that might pop up in their vehicle that they don't like and maybe make better or maybe someone else might have that same issue. Then there is some guy that comes on that forum and craps all over them for being on a forum to express their opinion on something that bothers them in the very forum it was created for...

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya, and yeah, I got pretty nice sounding carven progressive exhaust but I don’t think manually rolling through the gears is gonna make it sound an better but maybe that’s just me...lol. But then again, if being able to do that is such a must, take a little bit to search the forums because I think there’s a few threads out there where people have successfully grafted a Hellcat steering wheel with left and right paddle shifters to their Ram. Might wanna look into that.

I always use magnaflows i love that deep rich muffled big block sound...

I want that console shifter off of the new TRX.. dont look to hard to install rout few wires/connectors and a new shifter :)

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That when I bought my Ram a friend told me about this site. Then there was a forum where people can say something that might pop up in their vehicle that they don't like and maybe make better or maybe someone else might have that same issue. Then there is some guy that comes on that forum and craps all over them for being on a forum to express their opinion on something that bothers them in the very forum it was created for...

@rule18 there it is. Lol. Different discussion but there it is, wait’s over. [emoji41]

But back at you..... Wes... again, for like what, the third or fourth time now like, 4 months ago? Again, if that’s how you wish to look at it then fine, do as you wish. I’m not the only one who does it. And I don’t “crap” all over everyone’s posts so your claim is flawed. This is a discussion forum where we all come to “discuss” things so if you have a problem with that then why are you here?

And I’ve actually helped quite a few people- thank you very much but hey, I just can’t keep quiet after reading some of these replies and if you have a problem with that then that’s on you, not me so either put me back on ignore where you supposedly had me or just don’t respond if you don’t like it. It’s that simple.

But yeah, I could counter what you just said and say that I don’t like it when people get all butthurt for having their reply criticized or rebutted no matter how funny, crazy or pitiful it might sound, but since this discussion is about what don’t you like about your ram… and not about what you don’t like about other members, I’m not gonna say that.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always use magnaflows i love that deep rich muffled big block sound...

I want that console shifter off of the new TRX.. dont look to hard to install rout few wires/connectors and a new shifter :)

I’m not all that studied up on that TRX shifter but I guess if they made it to where you could throw it around like a manual shift, that would be pretty neat but if it still didn’t have that third pedal to push in and hop it out, where would the fun in a simulated stick shift be?....lol.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@rule18 there it is. Lol. Different discussion but there it is, wait’s over. [emoji41]

But back at you..... Wes... again, for like what, the third or fourth time now like, 4 months ago? Again, if that’s how you wish to look at it then fine, do as you wish. I’m not the only one who does it. And I don’t “crap” all over everyone’s posts so your claim is flawed. This is a discussion forum where we all come to “discuss” things so if you have a problem with that then why are you here?

And I’ve actually helped quite a few people- thank you very much but hey, I just can’t keep quiet after reading some of these replies and if you have a problem with that then that’s on you, not me so either put me back on ignore where you supposedly had me or just don’t respond if you don’t like it. It’s that simple.

But yeah, I could counter what you just said and say that I don’t like it when people get all butthurt for having their reply criticized or rebutted no matter how funny, crazy or pitiful it might sound, but since this discussion is about what don’t you like about your ram… and not about what you don’t like about other members, I’m not gonna say that.

LOL, glad you know this post was about you... Such a jaded person, just go enjoy life bud don't crap on others because of your unhappiness...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL, glad you know this post was about you... Such a jaded person, just go enjoy life bud don't crap on others because of your unhappiness...

Well, it don’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out, man. lol. And contrary to your inaccurate belief, I’m not a jaded person and I’m certainly not unhappy. I mean, if you can’t see the humor in some of these posts, or the opportunity to help some folks, that’s your problem. Just because this type of thread was created, don’t think for one second that there won’t be any replies made to them and if you or anybody else can’t hack the responses then maybe you shouldn’t post. If you can’t handle criticism or maybe even a little joking ridicule then keep scrolling.

FN 2187

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI eTorque
So in other words, you just can’t get used to it or train yourself to use it, yes? Since I took to mine so well and don’t currently recall any times where I’ve reached for any other knob instead of the shift knob, I can’t complain about it, nor can I even gripe about it because it’s never been a problem.

But, if there ever was a an actual problem, I’d rather blame myself or my girlfriend because when you have an aftermarket shift knob with a custom 3D decal on the face of it that kinda makes the knob all the sudden needing to stay in a certain position; because if you ever turn the truck off before shifting it into park, the electronic knob will auto-correct itself as it puts the truck in park for you and whenever you do that, you learn real quick why they didn’t use a knob that had to be situated a certain way because in order to re-right the knob, you gotta go through like 5 or 6 auto-correct cycles to get the knob spun all the way back around to where it’s supposed to be.

I'm used to it, I just don't like it. It's simply a matter of preference. That dial just doesn't seem, from the lack of a better way of putting it, truck-like.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm used to it, I just don't like it. It's simply a matter of preference. That dial just doesn't seem, from the lack of a better way of putting it, truck-like.

I hear ya. In some ways, I think a column shift would’ve been better but when you put it as “truck-like”, I’d rather have a knob rather than that console shifter like they copied from Phord like 5 years ago. To me, that’s not even truck-like at all. That’s more like car-like or mini SUV-like. If there’s a shifter stick in the middle, it better be connected directly to the transmission with a third pedal for a clutch or it has no business being in a truck if it has an automatic. That’s just me I spose.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What all do you have in that truck that needs constant power to?

If I didn’t have a power tap cable that comes out of my rear view mirror to power my radar detector and had to plug it into a power port, I wouldn’t want that powered all the time. My phone- yes, if I left it in the truck to charge but some I have one of those high Mah portable batteries, there’s no need for that but they do make cigarette lighter chargers that have multiple usb outlets on them.

Just curious. lol.

iPod and my Bluetooth headphones I use for work. I keep both in the truck overnight to charge. Headphones hang from the mirror and charge from the cigarette lighter in the dash cubby. iPod i rather keep out of the sun or visible and I rather not have a cord hanging down over my 12” screen lol. It’s a minor inconvenience but nothing I’ll lose sleep over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Elmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
The door stops on the the door frames are horrible. They get noisy. Had to hose them down with overhead door spring silicon lubricant to get them to stop squeaking. Door stop,,,, horrible design ALL Mopars have same issue. Doors won’t stay open! 2014 has no cabin air filter. Had to install an aftermarket. 2014 1500 had no camber caster adjustment bolts installed by factory. Had to install aftermarket Moog Camber kit.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
iPod and my Bluetooth headphones I use for work. I keep both in the truck overnight to charge. Headphones hang from the mirror and charge from the cigarette lighter in the dash cubby. iPod i rather keep out of the sun or visible and I rather not have a cord hanging down over my 12” screen lol. It’s a minor inconvenience but nothing I’ll lose sleep over

So have you not considered getting a dual USB cigarette lighter charger or one of those cigarette lighter splitter cables that turns that port into two?

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 Ram Sport with less than 23k on the clock.

Getting a little bit of rust around the rear drivers' side quarter panel wheel well. Kinda pissed me off when I saw it while washing the truck. I do live in a climate where the state uses salt/sand/chemical to treat snowy/icy roads, but it's just in the one spot. Oh well,.......I'll probably try protecting that area as it isn't really bad yet. I think POR's make something for stuff like that.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So have you not considered getting a dual USB cigarette lighter charger or one of those cigarette lighter splitter cables that turns that port into two?

84bf69bc3f44cdd75902f8b59c478f2a.jpg

Hard to explain so I included a picture. I actually use a dual usb cigarette lighter. Green circle is so far the only cig lighter that has power with the ignition off (that I’ve noticed with the limited time I spent in the truck), I use that one with a small cable and hang my headphones from the mirror. The problem well not really a problem is my iPod. I leave that charging overnight out of view from prying eyes generally below in the cubby. Even though there’s several outlets below so far non of them have power without ignition off, that means I have the cord dangling from the cig light up top on my fancy 12” screen. I know first world problems lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
84bf69bc3f44cdd75902f8b59c478f2a.jpg

Hard to explain so I included a picture. I actually use a dual usb cigarette lighter. Green circle is so far the only cig lighter that has power with the ignition off (that I’ve noticed with the limited time I spent in the truck), I use that one with a small cable and hang my headphones from the mirror. The problem well not really a problem is my iPod. I leave that charging overnight out of view from prying eyes generally below in the cubby. Even though there’s several outlets below so far non of them have power without ignition off, that means I have the cord dangling from the cig light up top on my fancy 12” screen. I know first world problems lol.

Oh, you got one of the newer ones? I was gonna say because in the 4 gens, since I’m pretty sure the outlet that’s in my front cubby hole to the left of the cup holders- where that goofy console shifter used to be...lol, is the actual cigarette lighter which is powered all the time and I guess because I have the full center console in mine, the power-port outlet on the back of that console for the rear passengers, is powered al the time, too.

The only ports in mine that aren’t powered all the time are the USB ports under the console lid which would be the ports you have circled on the bottom of your picture for the smartphone hookups and other portable media and the 110ac outlet on the far right of the front of the dash.

Last edited:

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
that I had to buy quad cab vs regular cab, no way in hell was I going for crew

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oops this is in the 4th gen sections my bad lol

jljbtm

Reaction score
Dislikes:

oem projectors are not real HID's. They suck

No tailgate assist..... hate gates that slam down.

Too many rams on the road. I love mine, but dont feel that special since i see the rams everywhere now :)
That's why I kept my Magnum they are classic

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

edglock21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haven't read the thread, so don't know if I'm reiterating anything but here goes:

2017 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4

1) Throttle is "touchy"...even with Pedal Commander. I came from a '98 Ram, so it took some getting used to the drive-by-wire throttle pedal. Still is touchy on occasion.

2) No Android Auto/Apple Carplay - seems like it would just be a software upgrade for the systems with Nav...

3) Charge for Nav maps

4) Low payload - my '98 was just as good

5) When shifting to R from D, the truck will roll forward a foot or two before engaging Reverse

6) Stock Wranglers are crap for traction

7) Built-in "spoiler" on tailgate bulges down so it's hard, if not impossible, to get a wheelbarrow underneath it when unloading dirt/rocks/mulch

These DON'Ts are outweighed by the DO Likes though

Smooth ride from all-coil suspension

Cooled seats are gold in the summer

Stereo is much better than my old '98

Better gas mileage than expected...and with great power from the Hemi

Fold out rear floor - which at first seemed gimmicky, has been very useful

Under floor storage cubbies are great for ratchet straps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohamed elgalal