What feature/option do you wish you added when you got your new truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harris342

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I regret not getting the 4 corner air suspension. Convinced myself I would do my own lift but still it sits stock...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I wasn’t able to special-order my new truck I had to settle for whatever came the closest to what I wanted currently at a dealer but if I could’ve had the opportunity to order my new 2018 1500 Limited exactly how I had wanted it- wow... the only thing that I can think of that I would’ve done differently is that I would’ve ordered mine with the chrome side steps instead of the painted body-color steps; everything else was fine. Well, I would’ve also ordered mine with the locking lug nuts but ****, that was an extremely easy fix. I just bought a set and had them installed as soon as I brought my new baby home...lol.

That, and even though I was fine enough to make my peace with the deletion of the front tow hooks- if I woulda had the chance, I would’ve ordered mine with them but it’s cool tho because since hitting a damn deer not even a month after getting it, I decided to make to lemonade outta them nasty ass lemons and had the bodyshop get me a set of hooks to go with the new bumper...[emoji41]

Haven’t decided yet if I wanna keep the painted steps or ditch those for a set of nice shiny stainless ones....[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just for the cab space and I don’t need a 3/4 ton

Well unfortunately, unless there’s somethin’ I haven’t been told yet or found out about yet with the new Gen-5 HD’s, but at least for now if yer wantin’ a mega, you’re gonna have to settle for a 3/4 ton as they’re not available in the half-tons. I think they stopped doing that back in 07 or 08 when; as I was sayin, they were just basically a 3/4 ton with 1/2 ton suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I regret not getting the 4 corner air suspension. Convinced myself I would do my own lift but still it sits stock...

I could no go with out my 4 corner suspension. I really use it every time I drive the truck and is great for towing.

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish i would have looked for truck equipped with 3.92's :banghead:

After some searching, we found a truck that had everything we wanted: upgraded stereo, rear defrost, tow pkg w/ brake controller, rubber mats, skid plates....except it had 3.21's. Actually, our dealer found it at another store, and he traded a truck with them to get it.

It was too close option-wise not to jump on the deal (he also threw in a Line-X bedliner and hood bug guard for free, and gave us ~9K off plus about 1K more in trade than my '07 was worth...).

Bottom line - our pop-up is only about #2800 fully loaded, so it kinda doesn't matter that much. Tows easily...and when I'm not towing, I get slightly better gas mileage.

Other than that, we pretty much got the truck we wanted.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441