What is this connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elroyjets

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm trying to figure out what this connector goes to. Mine was almost fully disconnected when I saw it today. I plugged it back in but would like to try and get a idea what it is. It's right behind the battery on a 2013 ram 1500

download~3.jpeg

BKSH3P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Inline harness connector. IIRC it has some drivetrain, powertrain, and abs circuits that run through it. Shoot me over the last 8 of your vin and I can get you a pinout chart of exactly what it contains when I’m at the shop in the morning.

OP
OP
E

elroyjets

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 ram 1500 Tradesman. I had to fully reseat it because for some reason it wasn't fully seated. Now my abs light is on and my steering wheel feels like there is no power steering. I tried to pull codes with jscan and I get u0415-00 and c2200-49. I tried to leave the negative terminal unplugged overnight to see if that helped but it didn't. I cleared the codes before I disconnected the negative and when I scan it I'm just getting c2200-49 not the u0415-00 but it still feels like I have no power steering.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That code is internal fault code
Make: RAM Code: C2200-49 Definition: Anti-Lock Brake Module Internal - Internal Electronic Failure Description: Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module detected an internal error. Cause:
  • Anti-Lock Brake System (Abs) Module/Hydraulic Control Unit Do Not Match
  • Anti-Lock Brake System (Abs) Module failure
Failure Type: Internal Electronic Failure This sub type is used by the control module to indicate the detection of an internal circuit failure.

What are the Possible Causes of the Code U0415?​

• Faulty Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module
  • Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module harness is open or shorted
  • Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
The invalid data Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set when a receiving device detects a discrepancy in the information it receives from the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module causing its integrity to be questioned.

BKSH3P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Going off of those codes, I have personally seen green corroded terminals in that same connector that have caused similar conditions. I would start there, im still gonna post a pinout for you when I get to the shop this morning, within the next hour or two, standby

OP
OP
E

elroyjets

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going off of those codes, I have personally seen green corroded terminals in that same connector that have caused similar conditions. I would start there, im still gonna post a pinout for you when I get to the shop this morning, within the next hour or two, standby
Thank you

BKSH3P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thank you
No problem. Here’s the location of connector I200, and all of its contents on your particular truck. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6852.jpeg
    IMG_6852.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6854.jpeg
    IMG_6854.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 50

BKSH3P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
2013 ram 1500 Tradesman. I had to fully reseat it because for some reason it wasn't fully seated. Now my abs light is on and my steering wheel feels like there is no power steering. I tried to pull codes with jscan and I get u0415-00 and c2200-49. I tried to leave the negative terminal unplugged overnight to see if that helped but it didn't. I cleared the codes before I disconnected the negative and when I scan it I'm just getting c2200-49 not the u0415-00 but it still feels like I have no power steering.
C2200-49 can most likely be due to a blown fuse, high resistance or open circuit in a battery feed or ground circuit to the ABS module, or a failed module itself. While module failures aren’t impossible, it’s more likely there is a circuit fault to it. Think back to the I200 in-line connector: the vacuum pressure sensor circuits run through there, as do the brake pedal travel sensor. These can skew the ABS module if anything is off and cause it to set codes, I’ve seen it before. Your power feeds to the abs module run right to the pdc, at fuses 06, and 26. Ignition run/start signal comes from fuse 76, and runs through an integral relay on the pcb of the PDC. G101 ground supplies the abs module and is located on the left front area of the engine bay, down low. Check and clean that too. If everything checks out, remove the pdc and inspect pins 1,26,and 32 of the C3 connector under the PDC, which is a long black rectangular 42 cavity connector. You might find some green corrosion at one of the pins, or even burnt/discolored material. As for the U code, that sets in the EPS module when there is any ABS dtc set as active. Let us know what you find! I’m determined to help you out on this one.

OP
OP
E

elroyjets

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
C2200-49 can most likely be due to a blown fuse, high resistance or open circuit in a battery feed or ground circuit to the ABS module, or a failed module itself. While module failures aren’t impossible, it’s more likely there is a circuit fault to it. Think back to the I200 in-line connector: the vacuum pressure sensor circuits run through there, as do the brake pedal travel sensor. These can skew the ABS module if anything is off and cause it to set codes, I’ve seen it before. Your power feeds to the abs module run right to the pdc, at fuses 06, and 26. Ignition run/start signal comes from fuse 76, and runs through an integral relay on the pcb of the PDC. G101 ground supplies the abs module and is located on the left front area of the engine bay, down low. Check and clean that too. If everything checks out, remove the pdc and inspect pins 1,26,and 32 of the C3 connector under the PDC, which is a long black rectangular 42 cavity connector. You might find some green corrosion at one of the pins, or even burnt/discolored material. As for the U code, that sets in the EPS module when there is any ABS dtc set as active. Let us know what you find! I’m determined to help you out on this one.
I ended up having to take it somewhere to confirm if the module was bad or not and they confirmed it. I tried my best with the info you gave me to see if there was some sort of short but I could find anything so figured it was best to take it to a pro to look at it.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just when I thought the story was going good you bring it in to have someone look at it. Oh well

OP
OP
E

elroyjets

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New abs module should be in Monday I was told today.

I did find out that the family member who previously owned this truck said that they unplugged the inline connector that I said was not fully plugged in . If this connector has been unplugged do I need to have anything reprogramed seeing as it has connections for alot of system components. They never had it look at they said