What is this line hanging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I just changed my rear shocks today and happen to notice this line coming off the rear axle. The hose is just to the left of the center axle, right next to the lower shock mount. The hose is on top of the axle and has a few other hoses running next to it. It appears to be a brake line. I just did my rotors and pads a week ago and nothing seems out of the ordinary with the braking? The hose has a little circle on the end of it with a clip on side of the hose like it's suppose to clip to something. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A pic would help but if I had to guess I'd say it's a vent for your rear axle.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Mega Hemi,

Thanks for getting back with me on that. I made a phone call to a family friend and asked. He couldn't identify it, but told me it probably wasn't a brake line pretty much considering it has some kind of cap on the end of it. I think it was clipped up to something and I bumped it today when I changed the rear shocks with some Monro's. I drove it for about 30 minutes came back noticed the line. Tried to identify it and ask around. Took it for about another 15 minutes in the neighborhood of non-stop braking. The brakes seem really strong considering I just did all new rotors/pads. They feel normal rather than sponge. No brake fluid leaking. No sounds, squeals, or squeaks. So hopefully it's like you said maybe a breather hose or something. I uploaded some pics in case you're able to tell me for sure! Thank you so much btw!

In this picture it's the top hose.
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/BlazersandWildcats2009/b2_zpsffc4da3d.jpg

This one is kind of hard to tell, but the end of it is like a plastic or rubber piece, appears to be a white or clear "cap." I say that because the feel and it kind of spins when you move the end of it.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/BlazersandWildcats2009/b1_zps9b40d7cf.jpg

I also looked at the lines going to the brakes and they seem to be made out of a different material from this hose? And the lines that go in behind the rotors seem to be in tact?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
It is the differential vent line [lets the differential breathe] it should be clipped up on the chassis above the axle.

Awesome, thank you so much for the help! I was praying I didn't break a brake line under there when changing the shocks! Thank you again very much for your help!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley