What offset to go with? Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, just wondering with a 2008 leveled 2500 ram what is a good offset to go with to give a more aggressive looking stance? Can I get some pictures of your trucks with what offset you have?

Max-r95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
image-7.jpg
That is -06 offset... About 1-2 inches out. Looks pretty aggressive and still throws up mud and rocks.... Didn't want much more because the means more mud and things getting kicked up.

Max-r95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
But, I am also a 1500, but still should look the same as far as poke.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
A bit of information about offset and the law for yall. Most states will not bother us if our offset does not look too bad. But there are a few (Virginia) that will stop us if they even think we have too aggressive an offset. The way they check is the officer will place a dime on the fender above the tire, then let it drop. Where the dime hits the tire they will measure. Anything over one inch and you get a ticket.
One way around that is by using fender Flares. Pretty much what they do is extend the fender out to cover up our tires. Here is a link to the ones I have on my truck:

Stampede Original Riderz Fender Flares - Free Shipping on Stampede Riderz Truck Fender Flares

There are over a dozen makers of fender flares out there that can extend out to over 3" from the factory fenders. They not only keep us legal but they also keep unwanted things from hitting our paint (rocks), and they are paintable to match our trucks paint jobs.
I personally do not run an aggressive offset but due to the width of my tires I had to install the fender flares to protect the paint job. 16" rims and tires are not easy to stuff under a 07' 1500.

OP
OP
JamesRam

JamesRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that looks about right compared to mine with stock offset yours just sticks out that little bit and yes the law is very similar up here in AB I've heard of that coin trick before