What the heck KOOKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
And who knows where they shipped from. I bought them from Autoplicity/THMotorsports yesterday.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Yeah was pretty disappointed in the clamps, but I was planning on having them clamp, then weld the clamps so there is no leaks
I was thinking the same if they leak on me. Was gonna go the v-band route though.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
If you guys plan on getting then ceramic coated stay away from Jet-Hot, they priced me at $275. Then after I shipped them across the country they jacked up the price to $600. They blamed me and said I did not provide them with all the correct information when getting my quote; hard to believe because I uploaded a pic of the complete header system including the mid pipe into their system so they could see exactly how many pieces were included in the quote. Then the kicker was I could not weld the headers to the mid pipe because the ceramic coating interferes with the welding. So I considered grinding down to the metal to get a good weld, then was told by Jet-Hot that grinding off the ceramic coating would void the Jet-Hot warranty. The whole process sucked. Even with a custom tune they were not worth it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Were there no performance gains or are you just saying the whole process wasn't worth the hassle?
Jay

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
None of us like it or think it's "right", but why is it so prevalent? We keep hearing more and more stories like this. The number of companies that do have "good" customer service seem to be smaller and smaller. We are lucky here on this forum, I think most of our vendors have an excellent reputation for their customer service. I'm not arguing what happened to the OP is right, I was only trying to explain why I thought the vendor responded the way they did.
Jay
I understand...like I said wasn't directing it at you...or trying to argue.
You are correct , we ARE lucky, not only do the vendors have good reps but this forum is very informative and gives all of us insight and first hand accounts of dealings with other vendors both good and bad.

OP
OP
Devin Meek

Devin Meek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So and update on the situation. We re attacked Monday and they would not budge into meeting me so I wouldn’t have to wait on shipping. So here comes the ass pain. So we knew we needed a new header made, it was in work. I get a phone call saying I need to ship out the bad header before they ship out the new one, to make sure they get the old one back. Great thinking guys however I have no way of getting to the damn ups store cause my truck is in the shop. So they wanted to put a charge hold on my debit card for 500 ish dollars. I had no choice but to do that. And sucked cause I was in no position to be to mad seeing how I need parts to get my truck back.

OP
OP
Devin Meek

Devin Meek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Part 2 about 45 minutes later I get another call with a question of what am I going to connect these headers to, I said the high flow catted y pipe I got from car I.D, they proceed to ask me what part number, so I had to call the shop and get the let number, it turns out to be the y pipe advertised on their site. And the rep says that one won’t work due to the fact we just redesigned the ram headers. So then he wants to sell me the new model and have me return the y pipe to car I.D so I have the proper figment. Again I’m in no spot to be super pissed due to the fact I need parts as quick as possible to get my truck back. He goes I can give it to you at the MAP price of like 640 which I asked with the ass pain and the current time my truck has been in the shop they could do better on the price, he took like 70 bucks off. So my card got charged for a total of 1000 ish dollars to get the correct parts that should’ve came in the first place. I also plan on calling kooks back when I pick up the truck tomorrow and talking to a boss definitely higher up on getting a little compensation on the way they do business their. Completely miserable experience!!!!

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
So they redesigned the whole setup? Or just the midpipe?

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At this point I would be taking the entire system off, going back to stock, sending everything back to Kooks, and telling them to go F themselves. I would also make it clear that the entire ordeal will be posted on numerous RAM sites. It is 2018 - it is entirely unacceptable for this to happen. There is no rational explanation you could provide to me that supports their position on this. That part should have been made either over the weekend or first thing Monday morning, delivered promptly, and hell, even the new Y pipe should have been free for your hassle. If they lose money on this sale it would be more than made up for when you share your ultimate positive experience and they GAIN customers. Now you have a negative experience that will likely cost them customers. This is such a short sighted decision by them.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
From what I’ve taken from this, the headers for redesigned so the mid pipe got redesigned to
I just got an rmail back from them saying they just massaged them. No worries on the ones i just purchased. Not sure what to think.

OP
OP
Devin Meek

Devin Meek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting, he’s in sales. I was dealing with tech, the dudes name was Matt Neal. That’s who I.D try to get ahold of

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This whole made to order doesn't make sense if you just received yours last week and then this week they are completely different? Did they redesign it over the weekend? lol Also the other post someone mentioned earlier shows someone ordering them and getting them the next day?

OP
OP
Devin Meek

Devin Meek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This whole made to order doesn't make sense if you just received yours last week and then this week they are completely different? Did they redesign it over the weekend? lol Also the other post someone mentioned earlier shows someone ordering them and getting them the next day?

I ordered my headers through jc Whitney they had the best deal, which sent the order to kooks to be made.. they y pipe I ordered through car I.D. Best price at the time. They had that in stock, actually jc Whitney listed it in stock and that was way wrong. So the other person could’ve ordered it through a place that has them in stock.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ouch...

On a more comical note... I'd be leary of any headers that can be manipulated through a "massage", must be flimsy and durability concerns for sure. :D