What's my truck worth? Tree fell on bed* pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaron Kier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
Ok so hard to get idea what it's worth as is. 2006 quad cab v8 hemi around 130k miles. Runs good and I have driven up and down street still is good feels fine. But tree fell across the bed. Seems just bed damaged and little else. And yes I broke window long ago.

IMG_20200409_151403_01.jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Look around for a replacement bed, check: www.car-part.com
It's probably worth more as a vehicle to drive around (once the bed is replaced) than a monetary value.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If the frame is bent she's a goner. If not then a bed swap and probably a few odds n ends could fix it cheaply enough if you're a good diyer. How's the fuel tank look? what kind of shape was it in mechanically and mileage wise?

OP
OP
aaron Kier

aaron Kier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
Fuel tank seems fine hose nicley flexed around bend (rubber hose) and the tank itself is ok.
and frame Seems fine just looks like needs new bed. Tree was standing dead so not as heavy. No coverage on truck and I wanted a new 2020 anyways. I could fix but beds run around 1k and I'd rather just sell it and not bother.

OP
OP
aaron Kier

aaron Kier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
Also new tires like 6k on em. Never had engine issues runs good .Had put in new power steering pump. Has rust as expected some bottom corners can but not bad the bad rust was fenderw that I just fixed up haha.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i would say that thing should be used for parts only. you may want to look over the rims real good make sure no damage from the impact before putting them on another vehicle. maybe even take them to a shop and get them tossed on the balancing machine to make sure they aren't bent. to me that frame looks bent and it is not bent in a good way if you actually use it as a truck. would likely be cheaper to get a truck with a decent frame/running gear and just swap over everything else if you decide to.

OP
OP
aaron Kier

aaron Kier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
Frame is not bent the bed just went up on both sides. 3 in from back bumper makes it look bent. Tree was dead and very light overall broke into 4 peices when it hit truck. Didnt left a small chunk in it hehe. But my 1st question come back toi what do u think can get for it as a whole. I dont want to part out see as is not fixed.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
an undamaged 2006 Ram 1500 QC would be about 8k around here in nice condition. Understand, trucks really hold their value in the Sacramento area so it may be lower in your area.

add in the fact that the truck has a crushed box and "possible" other damage, I'd say as is, you may not be happy with the dollar value. I'm going to guess and say private seller, +/- private mechanics inspection, probably 2-3k. 3K on a good day from a buyer who knows how to inspect damage. problem will be the unknown for the buyer and the parts/labor/hassle/paint to get it back together. problem is there are plenty of 130k mile trucks in the same price range without damage.

fix it, disclose the damage/repair and you'll probably do better if you sell it. but if it's really the nice of a truck and no damage to the main structure, I'd drop a new bed on it and keep driving it. swapping a bed out isn't that hard and usually costs the price of parts and a six pack of beer for your buddies.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
to me it looks like the rear bumper is tilted forward indicating there is a bend in the frame. may be minor but still looks like it. may want to cut the bed off and take it to a shop with a frame machine and see what they say.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think in the end, economically the best answer is either fix it and drive it or have insurance total it out. unless there are other unstated details or you owe more than the 'totalled' value is, not sure why 'how much is my truck worth' is even a question.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It sounds to me like the OP just wants it gone.
Collect as much as he can for a down payment on his next truck.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Looks like it’s time to pull the bed off and make it an off-road crawler