Wheels to fit a lowered ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do you have any photos with the 305/50/20 and the 295/45/20 tires
Thanks David

Pick a facebook page you like David ,either High Performance Rams / Tuned Rams / Dodge Ram Drag Racing etc.,and i'll post a pic for you if you tag me on one of them. Don't do pics on here,as I've never had any luck getting them on here

Rick Wildman

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I couldnt decide whether to raise or lower my ram so i decided to compromise and leave it the way it was born. Saved me a **** load of cash for other things and it handles the way it was meant to. Sorry Ive been in both and they dont inspire any confidence at higher speeds. To each his own!

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m keeping stock 20x8” rims but will try to shoehorn 295/65r20’s Michelin All seasons on Belltech 2/4 Drop
Maybe on the back
IMO they’d be too tall for the front
My 32” tires on stock 20’***** the plastic liners- enough to wear thru on the top
Correct me if I’m wrong- you’re sitting about 35.375 high?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I couldnt decide whether to raise or lower my ram so i decided to compromise and leave it the way it was born. Saved me a **** load of cash for other things and it handles the way it was meant to. Sorry Ive been in both and they dont inspire any confidence at higher speeds. To each his own!

My lowered 4X4 tracks dead straight right up to 153 mph where I chickened out,but even at that speed I was driving it with one hand on the wheel.I also play on mountain roads every once in awhile,and the truck definitely handles a fun run through the curves a lot better lowered then it did at stock height. Some days you gotta have some fun,and I like to play ,lol.
The problem is you've never been in one that's been properly lowered i'm guessing,slapping a set of drop springs in and calling it good,isn't all that's required when you lower a 4th Gen,you need relocation brackets.better locating arms,and an upgraded swaybar to take full advantage of the better handling a lowered truck will exhibit. Easier to get a lower center of gravity through a corner then a higher center of gravity,basic physics

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My lowered 4X4 tracks dead straight right up to 153 mph where I chickened out,but even at that speed I was driving it with one hand on the wheel.I also play on mountain roads every once in awhile,and the truck definitely handles a fun run through the curves a lot better lowered then it did at stock height. Some days you gotta have some fun,and I like to play ,lol.
The problem is you've never been in one that's been properly lowered i'm guessing,slapping a set of drop springs in and calling it good,isn't all that's required when you lower a 4th Gen,you need relocation brackets.better locating arms,and an upgraded swaybar to take full advantage of the better handling a lowered truck will exhibit. Easier to get a lower center of gravity through a corner then a higher center of gravity,basic physics
As I said -to each his own-sounds like you did it right-ive seen botched jobs that literally ruined the truck. If thats your thing I am glad you are doing it right!! Peace Out!

John Joseph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A 295/65/20 is 35" tall. That is too tall for a dropped truck. Stay under 32"

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I have stock tires which are 33” no issues 35” will add 1” to circumference looks like title clear as long as I stay with 8” wide rim. I have to do a little more research. The rear is no issue however front possible rub issues. I while I have a 2/4 drop it does not seem to have dropped full 2 up front which might make the difference. I’m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those aren't really a great tire/rim set-up to go fast with. The rims are heavier then **** and are rotating weight.If you're actually wanting a dual duty street/strip tire set-up don't go any bigger then 20" and even they are on the heavy side.If all you care about is looks then you'll be okay.
What "Wild one" said, "rolling mass" is one thing to take into account and really important. Not to mention the availability of the larger tires, I'm very limited to brands that have my size when I change my tires and they're all expensive too!

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have stock tires which are 33” no issues 35” will add 1” to circumference looks like title clear as long as I stay with 8” wide rim. I have to do a little more research. The rear is no issue however front possible rub issues. I while I have a 2/4 drop it does not seem to have dropped full 2 up front which might make the difference. I’m

May you please post a pic of your stance?

John Joseph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What "Wild one" said, "rolling mass" is one thing to take into account and really important. Not to mention the availability of the larger tires, I'm very limited to brands that have my size when I change my tires and they're all expensive too!

Truck is fast enough only doing edge and carven exhaust want the look

John Joseph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe on the back
IMO they’d be too tall for the front
My 32” tires on stock 20’***** the plastic liners- enough to wear thru on the top
Correct me if I’m wrong- you’re sitting about 35.375 high?

Correct. I have no rubbing with stock 33” on 8” rims thus far

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s a 4x4 wondering if it doesn’t drop as much

I just traded my 2wd for a 4x4, it’ll be the 1st 4x4 that I’ve owned and plan to drop it ASAP
I was a bit concerned that the 4x4 drop may be a little high in the front compared to my past 2wd trucks
Thanks for posting the picture, that looks perfect to me
One question- spring drop only in the front?