Where to get key fob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quickrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just got a 05 Ram Daytona and it only has a key with no fob. Went to dealer and he ran vin and truck is equipped for a fob but they want $150 !! 100 for the fob and 50 to program it. Where can I get one at reasonable price and can it be programmed cheaper than 50?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
$150 seems like a pretty reasonable deal for a programmed fob. You can program a (second) fob yourself, but you need a working one to begin with.

All kinds of places to get a cheap fob, but you'll still need the dealer to program the first one. My advice would be to swallow the $150 for the first one, at least then you'll know you have one OEM working fob.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just got a 05 Ram Daytona and it only has a key with no fob. Went to dealer and he ran vin and truck is equipped for a fob but they want $150 !! 100 for the fob and 50 to program it. Where can I get one at reasonable price and can it be programmed cheaper than 50?

Buy a used one. Are you anywhere near MD? I can do it if you are.