Which l.e.d. strip for quad headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys I'm thinking about busting my headlights open to paint them and I want to put an led strip either at the bottom horizontally or the ridge right above the blinker bulb. Any recommendations? I will have 5k lows and either want to do white or amber strip. Thanks for any input.

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was actually just looking at those. Would you wire the yellow into the blinker wire and for the DRL white just run to a keyed 12v so they would come on whenever you started the truck? Im kind of new to wiring and leds and such.

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im not around my truck right now, any way you could get a measurement of how long the bottom of the light is from the bottom corner by the grill to the edge by the blinker? I found some for different lengths, those you posted are almost 24'' long each, im thinking thats going to be too long.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Im not around my truck right now, any way you could get a measurement of how long the bottom of the light is from the bottom corner by the grill to the edge by the blinker? I found some for different lengths, those you posted are almost 24'' long each, im thinking thats going to be too long.

Most LED strips I've seen are designed to be cut down to the length you need/want.
Those don't look like they can be cut down however.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I was actually just looking at those. Would you wire the yellow into the blinker wire and for the DRL white just run to a keyed 12v so they would come on whenever you started the truck? Im kind of new to wiring and leds and such.

Yeah, that's what you should do.

And yes they can be cut to a certain length. There's a YouTube video of a guy saying that.

Last edited:

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be concerned about light output during the day. They just don't seem they would be bright enough for a true DRL that is noticeable. If you get them definitely post some pics of it in noon time sun please!

Braedon_s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did up a set of quads with an LED strip at the bottom, looked pretty good but definitely not enough light to run as a drl tho

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I have decided to go ahead and retro in some mini h1 projectors since I am opening them up. And still deciding on either halos or strips. Going to use morimoto xb led product either way. These look pretty bright. Have another question for you guys. I am thinking about wiring them up to come on with my parking/blinker lights for a drl setup. I noticed the blinker stays solid just flashes brighter when blinking. If I wired up a halo to that bulb, would it flash on and off with the blinker? I am wanting it to stay on solid not flash. Maybe wiring them to a switch is my best bet?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Well I have decided to go ahead and retro in some mini h1 projectors since I am opening them up. And still deciding on either halos or strips. Going to use morimoto xb led product either way. These look pretty bright. Have another question for you guys. I am thinking about wiring them up to come on with my parking/blinker lights for a drl setup. I noticed the blinker stays solid just flashes brighter when blinking. If I wired up a halo to that bulb, would it flash on and off with the blinker? I am wanting it to stay on solid not flash. Maybe wiring them to a switch is my best bet?

You need to wire it too the power wire and not the signal wire that tells the turn signal to dim or brighten.

OP
OP
012RAMbo

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ahhh ok gotcha! Thanks. I'm guessing there is a solid color wire for power and a two tone would be the dimmer wire. More research! Lol