Which models are stolen most?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Motor vehicle insurance is strange

In California, you could live in Zip Code 92019 & pay a higher annual fee than if you have the Zip Code 92021
92019 is mostly apartment buildings
92021 is mostly single family homes

One question when you apply for auto insurance, is do you smoke ?
It is right next to the question, do you drink alcohol ?

When i had regular insurance, they never mentioned a discounted rate for having anti theft device.
If you have a Ravelco Anti-Theft Device, insurance companies should give you a heck of a discount, No Cars Stolen. Never Defeated. 100% Success Rate. Protection for a Lifetime.

If one person has a Ram Tradesman 5.7l long bed
another has a Ram TRX w/ 5.7l

The fancy wheeled Ram has a higher insurance rate

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Sorry to hear about the insurance fun you're having. I know you said they specifically pointed you to a product, but wanted to offer up additional low cost deterance option for kill switch that I make and sell here on this site.

Check out link in signature if interested.

I wish you the best with finding a more reasonable insurance cost. Not right.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about the insurance fun you're having. I know you said they specifically pointed you to a product, but wanted to offer up additional low cost deterance option for kill switch that I make and sell here on this site.

Check out link in signature if interested.

I wish you the best with finding a more reasonable insurance cost. Not right.

You beat me to that recommendation, Jeff.

If the OP has the Start button option and is interested, I live about 40 minutes South-West of Ottawa and would be willing to show my No splice switch harness installation. Just PM for details.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, my insurance company wants to increase my rates by $500 when I renew because it's a RAM, "high risk of theft". Unless I have a sytem installed, which they have specifically chosen, that has several hidden gps tracking devices. Any other security system is not valid except for slightly lowered rate but the $500 still applies. Also, I contacted the company that sells this system and it has to be reinstalled every 5 years due to the life expectancy of the batteries in the gps devices. The system is about $250 with a discount code. I'm fine with having a tracking system installed but for someone to go through the whole vehicle to install several hidden devices is unnerving.
I'm calling BS on this because I don't think a Tradesman fits in the category of most stolen vehicles so it shouldn't apply to my truck. I'm looking for specific data that shows which models are being stolen most. We all know damn well which are being stolen but I want to prove it to the insurance company so I can kick em to the curb.
Thanks for your help

Did you ask Belair Direct if they would accept having Sirius Guardian and apply a discount?

You would have to check the cost of available packages from Sirius. I keep receiving their spam, informing me that for $17 or $18/month, I can be protected. LOL

I'd buy the bare minimum package that has the location service. I'm going to shop around myself and see who will accept the Sirius Guardian service for a discounted rate.

If you have the start button option in your truck, Jeff's No splice kill switch harness is a great move.

HemiSam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What we are seeing in Houston, and to be clear I'm shifting to MOPAR's...RAM's included, is anything with a bigger motor / power adder. Hellcat anything including Trackhawks, 392's / 6.4's and then 5.7's. It's a free for all.

For what it's worth, I installed the IGLA system. It's not inexpensive and not perfect, but my Trackhawk is going nowhere...

HS

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow, I picked up my truck in March, and when I went to my agent (State Farm) she told me my rate would only go up about $20 per month, and that was mostly because I raised my coverage.
I have been with with State Farm for over 30 years and they have definitely done right by me.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
There are warning stickers on my 2019 Ram Laramie dually: "Total Care Auto by Landcar" One on each side of the windshield and one on each door, on the inside. My yearly premium with State Farm is $800, including collision ($1,000 deductible). My house is also insured with SF.

Senodil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
Cummins
We use State farm and having multiple vehicles & services does reduce the yearly price.
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie is $675 (mine)
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat Premium ($850- Replacement Value)
2015 Nissan Versa ($880- My 26 year old drives that one)

Malodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My insurance for my 2008 Big Horn and 2021 Laramie went up by $375/yr. I think
it is because of the parts cost. My LED Tailight ,that a Woman backed into and Crunched,
was $1230 from the Dealer.

Malodave

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just received a letter from my Insurance company. They are offering "free" Tag anti-theft and recovery system.
"This offer is available for your 2021 Ram because in Ontario, this car is one the most frequently targeted by car thieves"

No discount if I add it, so no point.

3CUMMINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 2019 2020
Engine
5.9 6.7HO 6.7
I have had Rams and my son also has them. We live in BF Ontario.
I am retired and my ins for a 2019 3500 HD 4WD Dually and two other trucks is $139 and change a month for insurance. Granted the other two are reliable beaters, but there is nothing here with the insurance companies regarding upping the premiums because it is the most stolen truck.
Everyone here has a truck - no point.
The key to the problems here is Toronto and near Ottawa and i will bet any other large city in Ontario and the rural areas close has the same issue.
The media coverage, especially when the man from TO, I believe, who rented a 1500, parked in his driveway and it left within an hour, or something along that timeline, seemed to have stirred the pot.
RFID bags will keep the truck keys safe. CAA usually has them on sale. My cell phone won't register with the truck when it is on the bag and the zipper is closed. I keep the keys for the newest trucks in an RFID wallet by the front door so does my son.
They use readers that are similar to those that will grab your credit card and other numbers to get the FOB code for the truck.
I would switch insurance companies go to a broker. They may be able to find you what you want from several insurers.
Loyalty doesn't translate to better service any more.

3CUMMINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 2019 2020
Engine
5.9 6.7HO 6.7
As an addendum, yes I know that my truck has a big butt and won't likely be stolen but you CYA always.
I also have 2 large dogs who are not bashful when it comes to barking.
I live in a small town so it is not as if they are out roaming the property.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I had State Farm for a few decades, then someone mentioned Progressive to me when I was buying a motorcycle and State Farm at the time wouldn't sell me a policy. Saved quite a bit so moved everything to Progressive. Later an insurance discussion came up with my father in law somehow. He suggested I try USAA for a quote. I was skeptical, but gave them a try with same line by line coverage. Was surprised to find that if I moved everything to them I'd drop almost 20%. No this isn't a commercial, nor do I get paid by USAA. :)

If you qualify for USAA, requirements on website, but basically were in the military or close family member was you can join. I've gotten quotes a couple times since, and they're still the best priced for me. Thought I would pass this along as every dollar matters! Oh and btw, I've had a claim on house and car since being with USAA. They have been there just like I had hoped each time. No struggles. Hope this helps someone!

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
Hey guys, my insurance company wants to increase my rates by $500 when I renew because it's a RAM, "high risk of theft". Unless I have a sytem installed, which they have specifically chosen, that has several hidden gps tracking devices. Any other security system is not valid except for slightly lowered rate but the $500 still applies. Also, I contacted the company that sells this system and it has to be reinstalled every 5 years due to the life expectancy of the batteries in the gps devices. The system is about $250 with a discount code. I'm fine with having a tracking system installed but for someone to go through the whole vehicle to install several hidden devices is unnerving.
I'm calling BS on this because I don't think a Tradesman fits in the category of most stolen vehicles so it shouldn't apply to my truck. I'm looking for specific data that shows which models are being stolen most. We all know damn well which are being stolen but I want to prove it to the insurance company so I can kick em to the curb.
Thanks for your help
Contact Metro Man Trudeau the man of the working stiff for relief.

ghostnumberone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
Thanks for your help
I would be calling another insurance co