Why must the tank be changed?!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajun337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic Quad Cab
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Brought my 2019 Ram in due to a refueling problem and they’re telling me the tank needs to be changed???? I only have 65k miles on it and it’s pristine. WTH is going on when a fuel tank has to be changed??!! It’s obviously a DEFECT!! Has to be a money trap!! Is there any way I could have prevented this—besides buying a different brand??

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rollover valve is the problem and it’s built into the top of the tank and can’t be replaced or serviced independently. Just had my tank replaced a few months ago for the same problem. It’s not a money grab. There is an extensive thread on this here. Just search for rollover valve or can’t fill tank and read through it.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually you could bypass all that junk, I did it for my flat deck build. ;)

OP go to the Junk yard, Tons of tank.

OP
OP
C

Cajun337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic Quad Cab
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Thank you for the responses. I think I found a replacement with installation at a truck shop for 1/3 the cost.
If RAM has BEEN having this issue I can’t grasp why they haven’t solved the problem, or sent us something telling us how we could prevent the problem. Thanks again.