Why's their not a sticky thread for bilsteins only??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious why there is not a sticky thread that's just strictly pics of our Rams running bilsteins only with our wheel n tire combos? I think it would help a lot of forum members on the look and set up they are interested in, and once they find a setup they like they can pm the member for additional info if need.. I say this because I've done tons on searching on what I'd like to set my bils at. I've got my bils already but haven't installed them. I'm debating installing them at 2.1 and just putting 275/65/20 on the stock sport wheels, but if I go with an aftermarket rim what size offset will I need to clear a 35/12.50??

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I agree. I feel we should also have "lighting modification" link along with the general, exterior, interior, towing, etc.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I agree. But to answer your question...
Rims should be 17" or larger. If you plan on a real lift kit in the future, 18" or larger.
?x9 with 0mm should not rub, -12mm may rub.
?x10 -12mm should not, -24mm may rub.
As long as you stay at 5" to 4.5" backspacing, you'll be fine.

You should set at 2.8 for 35x12.50

Edit: imo you should just stay with 275/65/20 and 2.1 (I think it looks better and your mpg won't suffer so much)
You can put 35x12.50 on stock rims, if you must. But you should invest in some hub centric Bora 1" spacers to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A member, Stewi, has these spacers for sale in the classified section right now.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No use in a sticky if the info is BS. You do not need to set your Bils @ 2.8" for 35x12.5x20!! And you may not need spacers. Stickies should be for facts, not opinions!

If not, please post my opinion that 17's looks too cheap.

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are so many threads on the subject you could have a complete sub forum for all of threads. :roflsquared:

OP
OP
B

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I meant by a sticky because every other post in here is on bilsteins, and I understand it's for facts, but the thread should just be for pics and descriptions of your bilstein install. I think I'm going to just stick with the 275/65's, I'd like to run a 285 but they only make 2 tires in that size. It's just there are so many routes u can go with bilsteins, I just think it be a good thread and help cut down on so many bilstein posts because I've bout searched my brain out...

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would be good to have a sticky with a pic and what you actually have. Not what you read, or what you heard, etc. Of course, if you make a Bil's sticky, traffic in this section may come to a crawl.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No use in a sticky if the info is BS. You do not need to set your Bils @ 2.8" for 35x12.5x20!! And you may not need spacers. Stickies should be for facts, not opinions!

If not, please post my opinion that 17's looks too cheap.

Seems like something someone would say when they don't actually read a post thoroughly. Who said that you "need" to set bils at 2.8? Should and need have two different meanings. They look stuffed at 2.8, can only imagine going lower.
By you saying "you may not" need spacers is the same thing as me saying you should get some "to be safe".
It's funny to me when people say "it fits just fine, but it rubs at full lock." Well then it doesn't fit lol.

you can also probably fit 37s at 2.1, but you wont be able to turn.

Last edited:

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had my Bils set @ 2.1" for over 10k miles with tons of offroading, 35s on the whole time, it doesn't rub. I could care less what you think is a stuffed look or not. Make sure you tell everyone to get Mevotechs also, cause you just know the ball joints are going to pop.

Last edited:

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ive had my Bils set @ 2.1" for over 10k miles with tons of offroading, 35s on the whole time, it doesn't rub. I could care less what you think is a stuffed look or not. Make sure you tell everyone to get Mevotechs also, cause you just know the ball joints are going to pop. What a joker...

Our definitions of off road, most likely vary greatly.
No mevotechs here.
But I do have 5" backspacing, 2.8, with 35x12.50 nitto trail grapplers, and they rub at full lock. You got one of the lucky trucks.

OP
OP
B

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well who would be the person to get ahold of to start the sticky thread? But like I said its for bilsteins and wheel n tire combos "ONLY"!! There is a section of lifted trucks, but not all want lifted some like the fact of just leveling and since 85% people you see on here have bilsteins think it would be helpful for members to decide and open the board up more on suspension questions.

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The '35' debate rages because the tires vary so much from brand to brand. Sure a quality, name brand 35 may rub, but many of the off brand asian tires say '35x12.5' on the sidewall, but they're really 34" tires, so they fit. So if you want to say you have a 35, and save cash, get those! LOL

With Bils at 2.1" and stock wheels, I'd be looking for a 285/65, 295/65, or a 295/60 that fits. I like the shorter 34" 60 profile better since it doesn't look stuffed, but that's just personal preference. For instance, I've run stock wheels, Nitto Terra Grap G2 295/60/20, and Bils at 2.8" on my truck at one point with no fitment problems at all. No rub.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well who would be the person to get ahold of to start the sticky thread? But like I said its for bilsteins and wheel n tire combos "ONLY"!! There is a section of lifted trucks, but not all want lifted some like the fact of just leveling and since 85% people you see on here have bilsteins think it would be helpful for members to decide and open the board up more on suspension questions.

It'll probably just end up like this thread. I got this, and you should get that. Mine rub and yours don't. Blah, blah.
But I do get what your saying. It would be helpful.
Luke

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Should I get spacers or the bilstiens? I'm thinking around 3" spacers, I found a really cheap kit. It couldn't be much different than 2.8" bilstiens [emoji16].

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would suggest a Bilstein 5100 sticky start with a compiled list of questions and answers. As it appears there are many, many questions spread across many, many threads. The search function works okay but doesn't support boolean operators (AND, OR and NOT), so it can get frustrating and rather time consuming.

I agree the sticky thread should stay focused on, or as close as possible to, what is known to be certain. Obviously there are far too many tire and wheel combinations for such a thread to have all the answers about them. But people can post what works on their truck.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Should I get spacers or the bilstiens? I'm thinking around 3" spacers, I found a really cheap kit. It couldn't be much different than 2.8" bilstiens [emoji16].

That's a good one AustinB !

Your right ^^^^^^ those are the guys a bilsteins sticky would help !

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Its really simple actually. It doesn't need to be a sticky, most people that are new to forums don't even know what a sticky is.
Simply make a thread "bilstiens post up your pics" and include that they need to state height, tires, rub or no rub, offset/spacer size, and anything else that would help. There's enough people with pics to keep the thread on top.. I'm sure it'll turn into a sticky or at least be the top 4 threads at all times. If some noob make a new thread about them. Simply direct them there.

Just need a motivator to start it.

Edit: if you want a moderator to see it (request for sticky), the most clever way would be to make a classified ad, and make the request without posting a pic with your name and date.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441