Will pcm flash correct limp mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rajman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have done several upgrades to my 2011 ram 2500 diesel including finally a H&S tuner. I had originally tried a diablosport predator 2 which put it into limp mode as it could not overwrite some of the exhaust codes. My question is if I return the truck to stock mode will a pcm flash get rid of the limp mode so I can retuned with the H&S?

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I think it probably will, and the good thing is it won't hurt anything. After the stock PCM flash you will need to go through your MM install to reload the H&S tune to run the deleted. Good Luck, and let us know if it cured your limp poblem.

On another subject, you should seriously consider getting a custom tune for your H&S as the box tune will chip away at the head gasket due to advanced turbo timing. Some guys don't have HG trouble with the H&S tune because they don't tow with their truck. I retuned mine from the Mini to a single EZlynk tow tune after I lost the HG, which is HG safer. Just a heads up.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat