Windshield Wiper Fluid Sprayer Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
First buy plastic rivet replacements for the underhood shield, they will break.

Screenshot_20181228-104747_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Second buy a set of sprayers.

Screenshot_20181228-104727_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Third buy a plastic rivet remove kit.

Screenshot_20181228-104737_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Fourth buy yourself some new windshield fluid, because you are probably replacing these because the stuff you got lost its alcohol content and is basically water so it froze and broke your sprayer heads.

Screenshot_20181228-110328_Gallery.jpg

Alright so, these plastic rivets suck, just pop em out with force. I tried pliers, scissors to cut em but man do they suck!

Next, unhook the rubber line as it should pop right off. To remove the spray heads you have two options, obliterate them from underneath with pliers or squeeze the clips and push up. Both I did, first one just because I squeezed too hard. It literally exploded lol. Next check out the lines as with mine it broke inside the tube so to fish em out. I took the pliers and crushed the plastic into tiny pieces. Then flushed the hose several times and they all came out.

Next pop the new heads in. Put the tubes back on and lower the hood. Test em out, if no leaks you're set! Put the undershield for the hood back on. Pour new windshield fluid in after draining out the old crap either by unplugging the hose on the bottom of the tank, spraying to really clean your windshield haha.

Lesson? Change your fluid out before it hits 40 degrees. After a summer you got water in there.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the write up and the parts description------and the reminder about the fluid!!!!
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it will be helpful to people that have similar problems. As I said, it's also a great reminder about the fluid. It's so easy just to grab a bottle of fluid as your going out the door at Walmart or someplace without every reading exactly what you got. Also those tools are almost a "has to have" when dealing with those damn push pins and clips.
Jay