would this be ok to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VFDPrim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok got a issue again, its whistling until it warms up so wondering if i can spray carb cleaner into the hole that the regulator goes to clean that part out to?? it also over revs again when its whistling. im kinda thinking there is some build up inside that is making it stick a bit.
any ideas or help would be great
thanks again:)

mda8569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
If I understand you correctly, your asking if its ok to spray carb cleaner in the IAC port? With the truck off just unplug it, unscrew it, and clean it. Do not move the pintle while cleaning, and yes clean the port as well. It would probly be easier to just take tb off and clean the whole thing.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi VFDprim,

I tend to agree with HeavyD, sounds like a vacuum leak.
Hope you get 'er sorted,

preachp

OP
OP
VFDPrim

VFDPrim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I checked all the hosses and they are all fine and it only happens when im driving it not just when the engine is on. It only started the day I cleaned the aic. think I will take it back apart and play some carb cleaner in there and see how clean i can get it. when we had it out the first time we did turn the engine on to make sure that the iac was working and it pushed itself out and when i put it back in it went back into its housing. so maybe i did do something but i would think after a month it would have reset itself to be where its so-posed to be