Would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The link says 16995, you must have talked them down(?). Is it SLT? Price seems a bit high. If in super condition I would go $14k max, but first take it to a highly rated diesel mechanic and have it thoroughly examined. It will be a couple hundred bucks but could save you in long run. Also take it for long ride in highway and around town. Turn it off and start multiple times during the drive. One thing that strikes me is that must have took on a trade in and didn't wholesale it right away, don't normally see this age of vehicle at new car lot. That could be a good thing, get Carfax on it and see if that is the case, would make me feel better at least. Good luck, nice looking truck.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't be worried about the mileage. Thats nothing for those Cummins. Its probably just barely breaking in. It's the REST of the truck that I would be looking at. Its not just the engine that has 211,***. The truck as a whole, has that mileage. As for the price, that's not bad, but I personally wouldn't pay $15,000 for that. If you need it, that's different. But for less then $15000. You can pick up a nice 1/2 ton 5.7 hemi with low mileage. But again, if you need a diesel. This is cheaper then a newer diesel. So if the rest of the truck checks out. I'd say yeah. I'd buy it.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
My main concern would be the transmission, if your going to run it to a mechanic have them take a really close look at the tranny that's the weak point of these trucks. Wouldn't be very worried about the engine. Otherwise I like what I can see.

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca