ZF-8HP70 Standalone Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but a company out of Poland called HTG Tuning has their own in-house designed Standalone 8HP70 8-speed transmission controller called the GCU or Gearbox Control Unit. They have a couple of videos posted to their YouTube and Facebook accounts showing its operation. The website also shows their own tuning software. Another cool and definitely wanted piece of info about it is they say it has trans-brake control for the 8HP and a built-in data logger. They have it listed for $975 Euros which converts to $1075 USD. They also say their GCU or Gearbox Control Unit can control several other makes of transmissions.

I know one thing is for sure, I will be getting in touch with them about this because I have several customers who would give this a shot and I'd like to try it out myself.

As much as I have tried my Google-fu to scour the interwebs about any 8HP stuff I never found anything about this company until now. It would be pretty rad if I could get my hands on one of these things and I'm sure there are others here who might find it interesting.

http://htg-tuning.com

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bout as much as the Sound German unit, although "standalone" is kind of a misnomer for these transmissions; the computer portion is inside it as part of the valve body. These just allow you to access and program it. Nice to see some competition though, may eventually cause some price competition.