02 Ram 1500 rear door lock actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milkman44107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hi Guys!

I recently purchased a 02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with 4.7L V8 engine. I got the truck for a really good deal. So of course it will have a few issues.

One is my Driver side door seems to be off alignment a little (hangs a tad low), blown driver door speaker, support handle on driver side leaks water from bolt hole and finally.. the part I want to start with, lol. The rear driver side door lock actuator.

When I hit the lock button all the doors lock fine. However, when I hit the unlock button. That rear driver side door lock struggles to pop up. If I keep hitting the unlock button it slowly inches up. I usually have to end up manually pulling it up. The odd thing is the lock is easy going down and so stiff pulling up..

I have tried to work the lock to see if I can loosen it up. However, no luck what so ever. I don't think it is suffering from the loose wire scenario. This seems more of like too much resistance in the free play movement.

If the lock actuator has to be replaced is it a easy job and also does anyone know where I could get one quick and cheap?

Thanks for the help guys!

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats weird, maye take the door panel off and see if you can see anything. I also need to replace the rear drivers side lock actuator, mine doesnt work at all. Should be pretty easy

OP
OP
M

Milkman44107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thats weird, maye take the door panel off and see if you can see anything. I also need to replace the rear drivers side lock actuator, mine doesnt work at all. Should be pretty easy

Yeah, maybe it is something simple like needing greased.

Tepnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got the same truck. Have the same issues too, but my lock doesn't work at all. Going to check it out when I get home from work.
Good luck

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
could be a few things but due to the fact that it locks just fine points me the believe that its electrical and the actuator is probably dying. start with junkyards that way you can stay stock and its an easy swap. otherwise ebay has them prety cheap

JonBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 quadcab 1500
Engine
I also have this problem. Please update if you make any progress.