02 sensor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greenfeet83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
I have a 2006 Dodge ram 1500 mega cab..Check engine light is on with the code P0038 Bank 1 sensor 2..Replaced 02 sensor with New sensor from Advanced Auto..Still light never went off..if I Clear the code it immediately comes back on not even a second..Use a test light Check the two white wires on the heater control circuit Neither wire had any power…What is the next step all answers will be greatly appreciate it thank you

Last edited:

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No voltage to the O2 sensor is the issue. Start at the fuse box.

OP
OP
Greenfeet83

Greenfeet83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
That’s one thing I was curious about where the power came from..Because I don’t think there’s a fuse for the O2 sensor..Because of the integrated power system

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Greenfeet83,

I believe fuse 49 is an O2 sensor downstream relay fuse for California emissions. Not sure if that's in use on my truck or not, but I just thought I'd throw that out there. If that fuse doesn't exist in your fuse box or if it does and it's good, start tracing the wire for the O2 sensor back up to the fuse box (yeah, I know that's a PITA) to see if it is shorted out somewhere. If that all looks good, you may want to do to take a look at the TIPM itself to see if there's any corrosion.

OP
OP
Greenfeet83

Greenfeet83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
Yeah I’m thinking it’s the TIPM Due to the fact that both my low beam headlights are completely out As well..I will definitely track the wire to make sure that nothing has caused any separation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990