Question re: diagnosing Code P0141(O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCCB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360 CID gas
Hi all. I have a 1999 Ram 2500 (360Magnum V8, 5.9L, 4x4, a/t).

The truck runs fine, but last week I got a check engine light. Attached code reader, which registered P0141 (O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2).

I checked the 15A fuse dedicated to the O2 sensor circuit. Fuse looked OK, but no voltage when measured with test light. Swapped fuse with a known good fuse. Still no voltage. No voltage when measured with light with fuse removed. Other circuits test fine with test light.

Here are my questions:

1. Will a bad O2 sensor result in a no voltage reading at the fuse box?

2. What would you do to try to trouble shoot/repair the issue? I have read that the circuit boards for the fuse boxes sometimes corrode and need to be re-soldered, but I am scared to take the fuse box apart because it looks pretty brittle and I don't think you can buy new fuse boxes for these trucks. I cannot find them anywhere.

3. The truck has an upstream and downstream O2 sensor. Both are easy to reach and changing the affected sensor in this case would not be hard, but before I do that,I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced the loss of voltage issue at the fuse.

Thanks so much.

Really appreciate any tips.