04 1500 head, tail and turn signal issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fixitguy74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All the lights were working then the truck sat for about two weeks or so. When I went to use it again the front signals and drivers rear signal quit working. Passenger rear signal and dash indicators work. At the same time this happened the drivers low beam quit and passenger high beam quit as well as drivers side tail light.

I've checked fuses, bulbs, sockets and problem is not there. Check for good grounds and cleaned all the connections on the inner fender near the battery. Replaced the battery recently as well. Checked and cleaned all the connections on the bottom of the fuse box. Checked and cleaned the connectors for the rear to front harness along the frame behind drivers side fender. Checked connections on the hi/lo and signal switch on the steering column. Still can't locate the issue.

What am I missing? This is starting to get frustrating!

OP
OP
F

Fixitguy74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so today I found out that the trailer lights all work properly. So that must be a separate circuit from the rest of the lights but use the same switches?

Later2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe unplug a light location and see if it returns to normal. Then you have a known bad area to focus on.
Electrical issues are no fun.

aviatorblackout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Could be the multifunction switch. Maybe clean it to start and then replace it if you still have a problem?

OP
OP
F

Fixitguy74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for taking forever to respond, but I haven't had a lot of time to mess with this. Well I finally found some time today to look at it again. I dove into the fuse box/tipm again, only this time I split It all apart and found the circuit board had a spot that corroded away a portion of a copper runner. So I cleaned the spot all up and made a jumper from a few strands of copper wire and soldered it in place. Now all my lights have returned and function properly. Time for a happy dance!

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sorry for taking forever to respond, but I haven't had a lot of time to mess with this. Well I finally found some time today to look at it again. I dove into the fuse box/tipm again, only this time I split It all apart and found the circuit board had a spot that corroded away a portion of a copper runner. So I cleaned the spot all up and made a jumper from a few strands of copper wire and soldered it in place. Now all my lights have returned and function properly. Time for a happy dance!
T hanks for posting the fix