07 Ram 1500 multi function switch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jds32777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2007 Ram 1500. The turn signal was showing right turns when putting the signal to make a left. Purchased a mopar replacement part from the local Dodge dealer. When I installed the new switch, everything works fine, except that the wipers stay on the low intermittent setting. I tried disconnecting the negative battery cable and letting it sit for 15 minutes, then reinstalling the switch, still have the same problem. Any ideas? Also, the part numbers don't match from the old switch to the new switch, but the part number on the new switch is what is showing as the proper part.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2007 Ram 1500. The turn signal was showing right turns when putting the signal to make a left. Purchased a mopar replacement part from the local Dodge dealer. When I installed the new switch, everything works fine, except that the wipers stay on the low intermittent setting. I tried disconnecting the negative battery cable and letting it sit for 15 minutes, then reinstalling the switch, still have the same problem. Any ideas? Also, the part numbers don't match from the old switch to the new switch, but the part number on the new switch is what is showing as the proper part.
What part number did you remove and what part number did you install?

I'm assuming that you have the parts department the VIN for the new part?

Did the dealership give you 56044802AC?

OP
OP
J

Jds32777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, parts dept ran the VIN, I've had the truck there multiple times. And yes, that is the part number they gave me. I'll have to check the prior part, but it didn't match, and didn't show up as aold part being replaced by a new part.

OP
OP
J

Jds32777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update....part from the dealership was faulty. Got a new one, same part number, and it works like it should.