100K yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:Rock on:
Party on!!!

How long do you plan to keep it? For how much trucks are selling for (used) these days, I'd be tempted to swing by a couple dealers just to see what kind of deal you might get. You don't have to act on it, but would be interesting. A neighbor traded in his 2016 Chevy 4x4 and bought a new one. He said by the time it was said and done, with his trade in, he was below 10 grand (for a brand new truck!). His had 86k so it was a little lower miles. That comes out to $1,600/yr to drive a brand new truck. I've heard a few other guys say similar too. Obviously yours is a yr older and more mi, but....

This era of super-high used truck market might never come around again. Good chance to move 'up' w/o a lot of pay-out.

Last edited:

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
:Rock on:
Party on!!!

How long do you plan to keep it? For how much trucks are selling for (used) these days, I'd be tempted to swing by a couple dealers just to see what kind of deal you might get. You don't have to act on it, but would be interesting. A neighbor traded in his 2016 Chevy 4x4 and bought a new one. He said by the time it was said and done, with his trade in, he was below 10 grand (for a brand new truck!). His had 86k so it was a little lower miles. That comes out to $1,600/yr to drive a brand new truck. I've heard a few other guys say similar too. Obviously yours is a yr older and more mi, but....

This era of super-high used truck market might never come around again. Good chance to move 'up' w/o a lot of pay-out.
This is the route I chose to take. I loved my '15 2500, but no longer needed the capacity, having retired and downsized from a farm to a one-level ranch on an acre. Wife kept complaining about how rough the 2500 rode! Got $27.5K for the old truck (63K miles, and in tip-top shape), and ended up under $10K (after TTTR) to get into the new truck. It rides better, gets far better mileage and we can take the grandkids along now!

es

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990