14,000lbs with a 6.4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No question that big boy is heavy. Look at that rear end squat. Wow.

Are you running a wdh? If so what brand? If your not you really should be. At 14k lbs, and figuring 12% tongue weight that's 1680 lbs. Your truck should have a payload capacity of 3k like mine so I wonder why its squatted so hard even if/with no wdh.

Its hard to see in the pic but the truck is only squatting an inch or so. The back of the truck is sitting in like a valley for the water to run. The pic is very deceiving. Theres about 1200lbs of tongue weight.

Like the other guy said, if you're boat is set up correctly on your trailer, it should be well balanced. I've never seen anyone use a WDH on a boat..only TT's. The boat we are currently looking at sits on a gooseneck trailer.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Its hard to see in the pic but the truck is only squatting an inch or so. The back of the truck is sitting in like a valley for the water to run. The pic is very deceiving. Theres about 1200lbs of tongue weight.

Like the other guy said, if you're boat is set up correctly on your trailer, it should be well balanced. I've never seen anyone use a WDH on a boat..only TT's. The boat we are currently looking at sits on a gooseneck trailer.

Ok thanks. That makes sense.