15 Ram 1500 Limited iPhone with media hub/center console.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgrousmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is probably silly;

So I’ve had a 2015 Ram 1500 Limited for a little while now. I love the media hub and how it works with the iPhone. This problem is that the media hub is in the center console. I hate wires, so I just plug it in and throw my phone in the console and close it. I’d love the find a way to mount the phone in the center bin (whatever it is called, the bin next to the cupholdes). Does any want to share how the did theirs if they tried something? Thanks!!!

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The slot at the front of the bin is a phone holder. It has provisions for holding your phone while plugged in too. The sides of the top center console ( where the media hub is ) have a little cutout for the cords to run through. You’ll only have a foot or so of cord out.

Aside from charging your phone with the USB why use it. Play your tunes via Bluetooth and go wireless

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
There are phone holders available that fit in your "business card holder" and tend to work well.
https://www.amazon.com/Holder-Converts-Business-Select-2009-15/dp/B018DP8TOW

There is also the more expensive route, which I decided to take, but have no regrets: upgraded to a 2016 center console. It has a nice phone holder. This picture is not from my truck, but the console is the same.
used-2016-ram-2500-laramielonghorn-7982-17420542-24-640.jpg

OP
OP
jgrousmc

jgrousmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There are phone holders available that fit in your "business card holder" and tend to work well.
https://www.amazon.com/Holder-Converts-Business-Select-2009-15/dp/B018DP8TOW

There is also the more expensive route, which I decided to take, but have no regrets: upgraded to a 2016 center console. It has a nice phone holder. This picture is not from my truck, but the console is the same.
used-2016-ram-2500-laramielonghorn-7982-17420542-24-640.jpg

Where did you get that? Did you just swap it out with the one you already had in there? Looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Where did you get that? Did you just swap it out with the one you already had in there? Looks great!!!

Thanks! Its 90% direct swap. You have to cut a few holes in the plastic underneath the center console top, as the newer top has some different mounting points (plastic push tabs). But it works, and you can't see any of those cuts once installed. I used a dremel, and it was fairly easy.

I got it from a member here in the For Sale section. Love it; better cup holders, better phone holder, better looking console overall. No regrets.