17 Laramie door harness swap to 17 tradesmen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Toy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, New to the forum. I currently have a 17 ram tradesman with power windows. I've purchased a 17 ram laramie that's had a engine fire. I'm swapping the lighted door panels and the power folding mirrors. Can I also swap the door wire harness and modules to make everything work?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys, New to the forum. I currently have a 17 ram tradesman with power windows. I've purchased a 17 ram laramie that's had a engine fire. I'm swapping the lighted door panels and the power folding mirrors. Can I also swap the door wire harness and modules to make everything work?
Likely don't need the harness only the door modules themselves (and the associated window mirror switches). You will also need a tool like AlfaOBD to tell you BCM the new features are present. I could be wrong about the harness though if you notice missing wires, but I "think" the only wiring you might need would be from the door module to individual components in the door. There are threads on this forum for adding both that would be helpful to you.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wiring harness isn't necessary, unless you want to activate the lights in the door panel. It's wired off 2 connectors that are in the harness on the laramie, but not in the Tradesman. I didn't have the harness's, so I had to make my own addition to the harness to make the lights work.