'17 Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took mine in today and got two recalls done:

> U05 Autopark Functionality

> U61 Reprogram Powertrain Control Module

Both were FCA recalls; dunno exactly what all they are for, but got the notice, made an appointment, and got it done. Fairly quick wait time, less than an hour. I was settled in with a book for the long haul.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did mine last week and my sister got hers done today.

I still have an open recall for the tailgate latch.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The u61 is the cruise control recall and the other automatically puts it in park if you try to get out of the truck with it in gear

OP
OP
fljab

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The u61 is the cruise control recall and the other automatically puts it in park if you try to get out of the truck with it in gear

I wish now had refused the autopark recall. Didn't know what it was about, but got the letter from FCA and made an appointment at the dealer. Service writer said there were 2 recalls, so got it done. I've since both read about it here, and also tried to open my door while reversing slowly so I could see my clearance, but nyet, truck stopped/went in park. Not that big a deal, but dang, wish I'd known, or at least investigated that one first.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish now had refused the autopark recall. Didn't know what it was about, but got the letter from FCA and made an appointment at the dealer. Service writer said there were 2 recalls, so got it done. I've since both read about it here, and also tried to open my door while reversing slowly so I could see my clearance, but nyet, truck stopped/went in park. Not that big a deal, but dang, wish I'd known, or at least investigated that one first.
The way mine works is as long as my foot is on the brake pedal, stoplights on, it still rolls. Take foot off brake pedal, stoplights out, it goes into park.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
fljab

fljab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The way mine works is as long as my foot is on the brake pedal, stoplights on, it still rolls. Take foot off brake pedal, stoplights out, it goes into park.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Great to know, thanks!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was adamant about not getting the autopark, but as it turns out I already have it.

The fact I didn't realize it just means its non intrusive enough that I don't mind it.

I didn't test it at speed, but if im backing in with my seat belt off and door open, once I take my foot off the brake pedal the gear light flashes P and evic says vehicle not in park. I then have to put the trans in park to reset it all.

If I do the exact same thing but with my seatbelt ON the truck moves just fine. Im OK with that, as I've leaned out and backed up a bunch of times since getting the truck a year ago, I guess I just leave my seatbelt on all the time so autopark won't affect me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk