180 tstat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ob1sw4n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I installed a 180 tstat quite a while ago, and I still see it running 203-206 on the EVIC.. when I installed it I refilled maybe 1 gal with distilled cause I lost some while draining the radiator. I made sure to burp it multiple times on a hill, and has never been missing any fluid its always completely topped off. Any ideas? is there any chance the stat is just out of spec and not opening at the rated degree? it runs pretty much identical to the stock 203 temps.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
We had an issue about 2-3 months ago where Motorad mislabeled a complete batch of 180* thermostats. The outer boxes were labeled 180, but the thermostats inside where still 203*. I hate to tell you to pull it all apart again, but if you are still reading 203*, then I think this is worth checking. The temp reading will be stamped on the inside of the bottom of the tstat. If this is the case, let me know, and I will send a new tstat to you right away.

We had to send more than 50 stats back because of this. I have personally checked each of the ones we have in stock right now though, and we are all good now.