1997 Dodge 3500 wanting to do a seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtFrosty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok i been trying to look and see what out there, but so many pictures not enough info. I want to do a seat swap would like to keep it mopar if i can. I have a powered driver and non powered passenger. Seat belts are on the pillar. I was wondering if anybody put in differnet seats like charger or challenger seats or other ram seats. If so how? what year did you use. do you have pictures. Did you just replace the seats and put them on the factory ram slider or swap the whole thing out? more conserned with the 2 front seats and maybe the center console. Any help would be a great help.

1996\7 dodge ram 3500

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
can swap with any seats from same cab style 94-02. Other seats just need custom mount or drill new holes.

Raf81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I'll let you in on a little secret, it doesn't matter what seats you swap into your Ram its all about comfort! Anything, and I mean anything is better than the old seat of a 2nd gen. I have personally had this setup in my truck since 2004, and it feels about as good as the day I installed it. What I have is a 40/20/40 bench seat from a 2003-2007 Chevy standard cab pickup. It matches the color of the interior and the inserts are pretty damn close to the door panels. These have all kinds of variations including cloth, leather, combo and power/manual controls. Whatever you use plan on building your own seat brackets as this can vary widely, mine were 2" angle iron welded up as needed. I'm a tall guy 6'2" and set this up so I could stretch out my legs on long highway commutes. A person 6'6" could drive this truck no problem with the amount of leg room I have. That is one pet peeve I have with seat swaps, the seat is set so far forward it compromises other driving needs. These were great cause the seat belt is located in the shoulder, a bonus if your installing this into an extended cab. Oh, yeah....5 cup holders, nuff said!

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
4th to 3rd gen bolt in (seats, console not so much; that takes some work lol)

IMAG4642.jpg IMAG4643.jpg IMAG4644.jpg IMAG4631.jpg