20" oem wheels on a 96 2wd.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my96

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 dodge ram 1500 2wd
Engine
Bought a set of 20" oem wheels and they only bolt up to my rear axle. the center hub on the front is larger than the center hole in the wheel. The wheel slides on almost all the way and then it hits a larger dia. lip on the wheel hub. It looks like if i add like a 3/8" spacer plate, the wheel will bolt up flat against the flange. i was wondering if a spacer plate is all i need. i picked up all 4 wheels and tires for $325 and they have plenty of tread left.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Use a spacer or have the hole in the rim machined out so it fits ( think I have seen this done).

OP
OP
M

my96

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 dodge ram 1500 2wd
Engine
Thanks merc, Thats the direction i am going right now.
Does anyone have any personal experience. I know a 1/2" spacer is probably gonna be my next step. e-bay has em for around $30 for all 4 shipped. I guess i should add some longer wheel studs and long lug nuts. It looks like it may cost around a hundred or so to get 'em bolted up.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I would do the longer wheel studs if possible and the lug nutz to match the new rims. Something tells me they take a diff wheel nut than the wheels you have on now. One of the other guys should know more about this swap than I do.

OP
OP
M

my96

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 dodge ram 1500 2wd
Engine
Thanks