2000 5.2L Magnum stalling problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mantyl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8 5.2L
Problem started with truck stalling at highway speeds, restart and go. Times between restarts grew. Changed pickup coil,crankshaft sensor(torture),IAC,MAP,TPS,PCV. No fix. Sent PCM to SIA Electronics for retooling. Same problem. SEnt it back. This time the problem seemed to be solved, EXCEPT when I shifted into reverse; the rpms would be sporadic and go dead. Any help much appreciated. This is a 2000 5.2L magnum.

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
I'm having real problems (other post) with crank sensors. I've replaced 3 this year and I think it has to do with incorrect voltage overloading the sensor. if you figure it out (or I) let me know what the cause is.

Try changing the crank position sensor again. yes, blind job and cit fingers I can't wait. mine just blew AGAIN tonight thankfully as I was turning into the driveway. but not happy.

it's a good thing I can do this with my eyes closed. tip: get a piece of plywood and put it across the front of your engine compartment so you can lay under the hood. a little easier but not much. oh, remove the oil dipstick before you put the plywood up. otherwise it will bend/break it.

ray

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Problem started with truck stalling at highway speeds, restart and go. Times between restarts grew. Changed pickup coil,crankshaft sensor(torture),IAC,MAP,TPS,PCV. No fix. Sent PCM to SIA Electronics for retooling. Same problem. SEnt it back. This time the problem seemed to be solved, EXCEPT when I shifted into reverse; the rpms would be sporadic and go dead. Any help much appreciated. This is a 2000 5.2L magnum.
Need to trace through the wiring. Sounds like could be losing the signal for something. Not much help but just throwing ghat out there so you don’t think nobody is seeing you.

OP
OP
M

Mantyl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8 5.2L
I'm having real problems (other post) with crank sensors. I've replaced 3 this year and I think it has to do with incorrect voltage overloading the sensor. if you figure it out (or I) let me know what the cause is.

Try changing the crank position sensor again. yes, blind job and cit fingers I can't wait. mine just blew AGAIN tonight thankfully as I was turning into the driveway. but not happy.

it's a good thing I can do this with my eyes closed. tip: get a piece of plywood and put it across the front of your engine compartment so you can lay under the hood. a little easier but not much. oh, remove the oil dipstick before you put the plywood up. otherwise it will bend/break it.

ray
Thank you.