2001 dodge ram Crank No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Briscoe1623

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reg Cab Short Bed Ram 1500 5.2 5 Speed 4x4
my 01 ram 150 5.2 gas with a 5 speed nv3500 4x4 Cranks Bust Wont Start.

3 weeks ago i fired it up ran fine went to move and it died. pulled codes with the key trick came back to a coil. changed the coil tried to fire it, cranked but wouldn't fire. swapped the asd relay for another and it fired right up.

monday morning i go out fired it up, went to back out of the driveway it did it again.. just died, tried to re fire but it wouldn't

since then i have done the following and replaced the following
first off i pulled the codes. using the key trick, came back to a coil..
but then did some reading in which i found that if the coil was just replaced and it wont fire chances are good its the crank sensor..

so i went ahead and changed the crank sensor..
then thinking about it im not sure if i cleared the code after the first time it happended,

just so everyones clear.. there was no check engine light on i pulled these codes myself.

so then i figured well maybe it ate another coil.. so i went bought another coil.. still nothing

in the past week ive changed the crank sensor, new coil, 8 new plugs, new cap new rotor, when i had the cap off the distributor.. i did notice alot of corrosion aswell as like a burnt ash coloring aswell as tan coloured ash like substance. but i did make sure to turn it over with the cap off to insure timing chain didnt break.

so since then i have cleared the codes.checked it with a friends scanner came back that there were no codes,

so i tried to fire it up, when i did it turns over.. but still wont start.
then i noticed something when sitting with the key on the dash looks normal until i looked at the volatge gauge. its sitting at 8.( Normally sits at 12 to 14 )
so when cranking it moves around a bit, aswell as the check engine light comes on when cranking it over and goes away as soon as i let off the key in the crank position.

so i shut it down proceeded to check the codes again.. it gave me a code for a faulty asd relay

so i bench tested the relay, it was bad so i swapped it, reset the codes, tried to fire it up still nothing

unsure of where to go from here dont want to sink money into it anymore.
thanks for any inside as to what my problem could be,

i mean its got fuel.. it got compression on all 8, timing chain isnt broke, let me know guys